Cybel, LLC –
Cybel is a fast growing, high technology company in the photonic industry that has an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer at its facility located in Alexandria, VA. Cybel manufactures lasers and optical amplifiers for the industrial, medical, research, and defense markets. We offer a large range of continuous wave and pulsed amplifiers and laser solutions using optical fiber based platforms. We know that finding quality people to be part of the Cybel Team and helping them to achieve their professional goals is the key to our continuous success.Cybel is looking for an electrical engineer to lead in the development, adaptation, and manufacturing of electronic control boards we use to drive our lasers and optical amplifiers. for OEM or Benchtop instruments. The qualified candidate will have experience with embedded systems programming (microprocessor, FPGA, and CPLD), analog circuit design and PCB layout (high current and wide bandwidth circuit design preferred). We desire a minimum of 2-5 years of experience, however recent graduates will be considered. . The employee must be a US citizen or a US permanent resident
Primary responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with the Cybel optical, and mechanical engineers to define electrical function and performance required to achieve the proper electro-optic performance for new electronic boards and the adaption of existing boards in order to meet customer or new model requirements.
- Generate electrical designs that conform to the specifications defined in item 1.
- Create or supervise the creation of all necessary firmware and/or control software necessary to achieve proper function and control.
- Test or direct the test of prototype designs to verify proper electronic and electro-optic function.
- Generate electrical schematics and layouts using design software, ie Cadence, Altium, etc.
- Identify and manage outside vendors for the manufacture, population, and testing of the new and adapted electronic boards.
- Maintain proper and organized records of electrical board’s specification, schematic, layout, firmware, and control software.
- Create documentation detailing the design and performance of electronic boards (hardware and software).
- Meet with customers (on-site and occasionally off-site) to discuss customer requirements.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in the electrical engineering field (design, techniques, components, test equipment, design software, modeling software, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience with embedded systems programming (microprocessor, FPGA, and CPLD).
- Knowledge of analog/digital circuit design (constant current drivers, temperature control, wide bandwidth pulsed current drivers).
- Experience with PCB layout and component selection (high current and wide bandwidth).
- Experience with electronic testing and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with Visual Basic and C++.
Technology and tools used
- Electrical design and PCB layout design tools.
- Programming tools for FPGA, CPLD, and microprocessor
- Test equipment such as VOM, high-speed oscilloscope, waveform generators
Education and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent EE degree.
Qualified interested candidates should submit a resume to [email protected] cybel-llc.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Engineering: 1 year
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to Cybel, LLC.
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Electrical-Engineer-at-Cybel-in-Alexandria,-VA-0d7121b0fc91c3f8