RedShift BioAnalytics is developing powerful new analytical tools for the R&D, life science and biopharmaceutical markets. Our measurement solutions combine tunable lasers, microfluidics, and analytical technologies to achieve revolutionary improvements in performance and analytical capabilities. At RedShift, we provide customers with solutions that accelerate product discovery, development and manufacturing while enabling dramatic improvements in performance, efficiency and cost.
We have developed major partnerships with industry leaders, attracted top talent to our executive and advisory teams, and received strategic and venture funding to support our product introductions and continue to build our team. Our team members are innovators who push beyond the status quo to create one of the most promising technology start-ups in the Boston area.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. RedShift BioAnalytics affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience beyond school is required for this position and applicants must have a strong background in analytical instrumentation (tools employing optics, lasers, and microfluidics), ranging from early prototyping to manufacturing and field support. Candidates must have a proven track record in instrumentation development, including the completion of products that meet requirements within cost and schedule constraints.
RedShift seeks a highly-motivated Analytical Instrumentation Project Engineer to join their team and take a lead role in the development and test of Redshift’s new analytical instruments. Equally important, the candidate must be a hands-on contributor when needed in the testing of prototypes and products. The applicant will be a key member of the company’s research and development team, playing a vital role in the development of sampling and automation techniques and will be responsible for developing test requirements, specifications, validation plans, reports and test procedures.
The candidate must have a strong background in analytical instrumentation, ranging from early prototyping to manufacturing and field support. Experience in disciplines that include mechanical, electrical, control systems and software, along with optics, including lasers, and fluidics is desired. A deep technical knowledge in one of the disciplines also required. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in not only the early stage prototyping and development, but the trouble shooting of manufactured instrumentation. A strong commercial perspective is required, as is the ability to interact as an exceptional team player. The position is based in Burlington, MA, USA.
*Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- Master’s degree in a science or engineering related field that may include credentials in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and computer science
- 5 years commercial experience as an instrumentation engineer.
- At least 5 years of experience as the lead or project engineer in the development of an instrument that successfully launched into production
- Ability to set up project plans, and execute to the plan while monitoring performance
- Ability to manage project teams and outsourced developments at vendors
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to translate project requirements into the design and development of hardware and software for instrumentation.
- Hands-on problem solving skills with instrumentation.
- Knowledge of analytical tools employing optics, lasers, and fluidics is highly desired.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a leader ship role in cross functional teams.
- Ability to develop test requirements and specifications, validation plans, and test procedures.
- Experience in ensuring conformance with test requirements and specifications, including hands on engineering verification and product qualification
- Ability to oversee the creation of training manuals and administer training to employees and customers regarding how to operate the instrument.
- Expertise in project planning and performance monitoring applications (e.g. Microsoft Project)
- Travel may occasionally be required to meet with clients. Based in the Greater Boston area willing to travel ~20% (some international)
*Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Extremely motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced environment, with a hard-working multi-disciplinary team.
- Resourceful and flexible and willing to work hands-on in developing novel technologies and executing program deliverables.
- Strong team player.
- Adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following through, while remaining highly energetic and focused.
- Straightforward, proactive, self-motivated, and trustworthy.
- Experience in biotechnology or medical device development.
- People leadership experience as well as project leadership experience of multiple projects to drive key deliverables and timelines.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5370917