Newport, now part of MKS Instruments, is the world’s largest photonics company providing innovative solutions and industry-leading product brands to multiple markets. Our combined product portfolio includes Corion®, ILX Lightwave™, New Focus™, Ophir, Oriel® Instruments, Richardson Gratings™, and Spectra-Physics® Lasers. We provide complete photonic solutions to make, manage and measure light.
MKS people combine world class engineering and problem solving skills with highly developed listening skills and an unwavering dedication to helping our customers succeed. Our teams push the technology envelope and collaborate across a range of design discipline in our search for inventive solutions.
Our processes are lean and agile and our employees are innovative and focused. We work hard to be easy to work with and we measure our success by the success of our customers.
Cutting edge science and engineering along with the ability to identify with customers are not often found together. When they fuse, the combination is extraordinary. The best MKS people create that fusion.
MKS proudly offers extensive, competitive and well-rounded benefits packages to our employees. At MKS, we value the special talents and resources our employees provide to us, and we know that without their satisfaction and dedication our continued success would not be possible.
Take a look and discover for yourself the outstanding benefits of joining MKS today!
Newport’s New Focus group is seeking an experienced Product Marketing Manager for owning and driving the business performance of our Electro-Optic product line.
- Own the product line revenue, orders, P&L, and strategy
- Drive design wins and orders and revenue growth
- Define and communicate the product line strategy including positioning, 4 P’s, and partnering
- Forecast, with sales and operations input, product line volumes, revenues and margins
- Contribute to the development of New Focus product and technology roadmap
- Develop an understanding of market segmentation, application and customer needs, competition, market trends and dynamics to support strategies to target new opportunities and threats
- Develop the requirements and business cases for new products
- Manage the product lifecycle from product launch to obsolescence
- Drive product line decisions including product changes, resource priorities, obsolescence, etc.
- Set product line pricing strategy and work with sales team on proposals for larger opportunities
- Make pricing and go-no-go decisions for non-standard product inquiries
- Facilitate business development through training of the sales force, customer visits and demos, building relationships with key influencers and customers
- Create messaging and content for marketing materials including advertisements, data sheets, tradeshows, web site, PR, product memos, newsletters and collateral
- Champion the product line through presentations at conferences and assisting with tradeshows
- Develop product line strategy with service department
- Assist worldwide sales and service with technical support
- Travel 25% – 30%
- Minimum 5 years product marketing experience
- Minimum 5 years industry experience in Photonics and/or Telecom/Datacom applications
- Education: B.S. or M.S. in Physics or EE
- Strong business related background or M.B.A preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and works well in complex cross-functional, global situations
- Strategic thinker / planner while adept at tactical decisions and requirements of role
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines
Req. Code : 70008028
Division/Department : Photonix
Apply Here: http://jobview.monster.com/Product-Marketing-Manager-Job-Santa-Clara-CA-US-183288485.aspx