Position: Opto Mechanical Systems Engineer
Education and Experience:
· MS in mechanical, electrical, software, optical engineering, physics or equivalent education
· Up to 5 years of work experience
· Hands-on experience with precision opto-mechanical/electro-optical based products.
· Proficiency with C++/C#, and/or Matlab
· Proficiency with 3D CAD tools, preferably SolidWorks. A thorough understanding of parametric design and relationships between features, parts, subassemblies and assemblies.
· Expertise in characterizing optical assemblies and dynamic mechanisms using lasers, optical elements, scanners, kinematical mounts, galvanometers etc.
· Practical knowledge in opto-mechanical assembly tolerancing and alignment, basic stress and thermal analysis, principles of system integration.
· Experience with instrument and electronic packaging design, panel and board mounts, cabling and electronic enclosures.
· Solid familiarity with mechanical manufacturing methods and assembly techniques.
· Technical lead driving all design, development, and implementation of compensation and calibration systems for laser projection solutions products.
· Lead the diagnosis of complex problems with our products and recommend solutions with minimal oversight.
· Become an expert on critical subsystems, including, solid state and diode lasers, high frequency digitizers, high frequency laser modulation, galvanometers, laser mode-locking and laser diode drivers.
· Perform compensation and calibration systems design, establishing project parameters and assigning increments of project to team members for production software, calibration and certification and optics product development.
· Generate math models and/or otherwise perform calculations necessary to accurately predict performance, resolution, and measurement accuracy of proposed laser and similar image based systems.
· Assist in the definition, specification, implementation and test of firmware, software and control electronics for processing 3D measurement data.
· Develop processes, fixtures, methods and software to support the needs of product assembly, test, and calibration.
· Evaluate and document test results.
The Photonics Group