If you are currently pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering (or related engineering field) here is your opportunity to pursue an exciting Co-Op opportunity with Raytheon!
Raytheon’s Electrical Design Directorate (EDD) provides engineering design, integration, test and production to core radar, sonar, torpedo and combat system competencies including process and control, integration and test, power systems, torpedo and sonar electronics, receivers and exciters, antennas and microwave subassemblies.
Electrical Engineering Co-op :
This is a 6-month, full-time Co-op position starting in June 2017and completing in December 2017.
Job Description :
This position is for a current student interested in the broad area of engineering technologies listed above. The ideal candidate should have strong academic credentials and experience in working in a teamwork environment, having not only academic, but also interpersonal skills to help optimize our teams. The single most important attribute is an inquisitive nature and a strong desire to learn real world applications to compliment your academic experience. Familiarity with hardware or software tools as appropriate for your academic level. The candidate should be interested in working in a highly motivated team environment, collaborating with a small team of engineers through the development of state of the art radar systems.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Basic Qualifications :
· Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering (or related field)
· This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance
U.S Citizenship is required.
Desired Qualifications :
· GPA of 3.0 or better
· A proactive leader in the software or hardware development arena who thrives in a collaborative team environment
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Interest and/or coursework in any of the following areas: software, digital hardware, analog circuit design, power systems design, computer architecture, signal processing, embedded software/firmware.
· Be a key contributor to our Electrical Design team…
EDD has responsibility for the following areas :
· Phased Array Radar design – RF/microwave antenna design
· Power and Electronic systems design
· Receiver & Exciter Design – REX System Analysis, Exciter Design, Receiver Design, Low Noise Sources, Simulation and Modeling, Metrology, Integration and Test
· Mixed Signal Design – Receiver A/D Converters, Direct Digital Converters, Receiver D/A Converters, Digital Waveform Generators, Mixed Signal CCAs, Mixed Signal Modules and Subsystems
· Digital Hardware – Subsystem/Module Digital Circuits, FPGA/ASICs, Beam Steering, Mixed Process/Photonics/Sensors, COTS systems, COTS interfaces, Subsystem Development, VME/PCI
· Digital Systems – System Trades, Architecture, Embedded Processing
· Software Design – Real-time Signal Processing, Beam Steering, Embedded Software
· Photonics Design – Fiber Optic Communication, Optical Control
· RF/Microwave Design & Microelectronics – Design of RF devices, ICs, Passive Circuits, Amplifiers, Ferrites, & components; Simulation, layout, device and IC Test, Reliability testing and Module Design
· Semiconductors – Compound semiconductor processing and manufacturing; materials and materials growth (Including GaAs and GaN)
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Multi level req: can hire students as freshman, sophmores, juniors, seniors or post grads.
This position can be Salary Grade ST02, Salary Grade ST03, or Salary Grade ST04 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
· ST02 (TechStudent-Sophomore) – must have completed 60 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained Sophomore status as of Fall2017.
· ST03 (TechStudent–Junior) – must have completed 90 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained Junior status as of Fall 2017.
· ST04 (TechStudent-Senior) – must have completed 120 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained Senior status as of Fall 2017.
Will review resumes in chronological order to build a slate of qualified candidates. Posting will continue until the position has been filled, however once an interview slate has been identified candidates in a 0-filed status will not be considered and will be dispositioned by DMT – DMT- resumes reviewed in date order by 10. Referrals and candidates from on campus events will be considered
Please apply now and join us in our mission!
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Techstudent-at-Raytheon-in-Andover,-MA-3001f60387be5893