Equipment Engineer (Engineer Staff, Mfg Equipment) Lumentum Operations LLC
San Jose, CA
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.lumentum.com.|
Lumentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disability
As a member of the Equipment Engineering staff, you will have ownership of one or more tool sets within a wafer fab or Assembly & Test manufacturing operation. Equipment Engineers are responsible for the overall availability and performance of their assigned equipment sets in accordance with SEMI E10.
In this position you will:
- Designs maintenance programs which will be used to improve tool availability and reduce cost of ownership.
- Defines and writes equipment specifications and work instructions for assigned equipment set.
- Evaluates and recommends the selection of new process equipment
- Manages the installation, acceptance and qualification of equipment
- Uses Design of Experiment techniques to optimize tool and process performance.
- Investigate and develop improvements to increase product quality and yield. – Assists maintenance technicians in resolving problems
- Mentors, trains, and directs maintenance technicians.
- Establishes and maintains spare part Bill of Materials (BOMs) for assigned equipment.
- Bachelor degree or 5 years industry equivalent professional experience. – 5+ years of Equipment Engineering experience is preferred.
- Solid background working as a sustaining equipment engineer in a 24/7 manufacturing environment.
Proven track record of systematically improving MTBF and tool availability by implementing root cause corrective actions.
- Ability to generate necessary equipment documentation for an equipment maintenance organization.
- Strong project leadership, organization and excellent communication skills.
- Basic understanding of safety, health and environmental area.
- Technically strong in electrical, mechanical, and can lead troubleshooting of down time of equipment.
- Ability to provide the highest level of in-house support for tool down situations. – Manage new tool installations, modifications and upgrades to existing tools
- Strong computer skills to include Word, Excel, and Project
San Jose-Rose, CA USA
80 Rose Orchard Way
Apr 20, 2017, 10:47:26 AM
Lumentum (NASDAQ:LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and…
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Equipment-Engineer-at-Lumentum-Operations-in-San-Jose,-CA-84e21828628cb6d3