Cambridge Technology, Inc (CTI), a division of Novanta, has an opening for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work on the development of new products and enhancements to existing products for CTI’s product line. This position will focus on the design analysis (FEA) of mechanical components and systems of CTI’s product line.
• Evaluate and improve designs for Cambridge Technology’s galvo scanner components and systems, including motors, optical components and mounting hardware thru the effective application of FEA techniques
• Design of manufacturing fixtures and introducing new products and fixtures into production.
• Responsible for introduction of new designs into production and working with the purchasing department and our suppliers to ensure quality products are delivered to our customers.
• Follow good engineering design principles and product verification techniques. Thoroughly document all designs with design documentation and drawings.
• Work closely with operations to resolve product quality or testability issues.
• Utilize SolidWorks for design activities.
• Candidates for the Mechanical Engineer position will have the following minimum qualifications:
o 5-8 years’ experience designing and building mechanical systems, with a focus on electro- or opto-mechanical systems. Experience designing photonics or laser systems a plus.
o Experience with FEA techniques and system modeling (ANSYS a plus)
o Experience working with suppliers across a range of component types to ensure products are made with quality and meet the component specifications.
o BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
o Proficiency in SolidWorks required, knowledge of ProE a plus.
o Experience in Design for Excellence (DFx) required, especially Design for Manufacturing