Solidus is seeking a Systems Administrator. The successful candidate will support a team researching and prototyping leading-edge, laser and quantum optical communications technologies. Current areas of research supported include single-photon detector arrays, coherent modems, integrated photonic circuits, and novel modulation and coding approaches. This research is enabled by a well-maintained network of Windows, Linux, and Mac OS personal computers, servers, network attached storage devices, and specialized laboratory equipment.
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for procuring, configuring, and maintaining the Optical Communication Technology group’s computing, data storage, and networking hardware/software. These responsibilities include off-loading and expediting the group’s support requests from the on site helpdesk. The successful candidate will also responsible for complying with security policies set forth by the Information Security Dept. and research sponsors.
Relevant hardware includes nearly 50 desktop and notebook PCs, as well as several rack-mounted servers, running Windows 7 Enterprise, Linux (CentOS 6 & 7), and Mac OS. Some computers operate in laboratories connected to instruments and prototype equipment or have data acquisition cards installed. The system administrator will assist group members configure device drivers, install engineering software, archive data, and provide general technical support.
– US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
– MS with at least 8 years of system administration experience; A degree in an information technology related field, although additional experience may compensate for the lack of a degree
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills
– A solid understanding of Windows, Linux, Mac and network administration (including OS installation and patching
– Ability to write Bash, Python, VBScript, or Windows PowerShell scripts
– Liaison with on site Information Services and Security Services Departments to comply with security requirements
– Strong problem-solving skills
– Self-directed, eager to learn, and works well alone or in a team
– Can present to an internal audience on hardware/software issues and security policies
– Ability to write purchase justifications
– Virtual machine support (including ESX Server)
– Program and group server management and configuration support (including Active Directory account management)
– Private network support (including hardware, policy) and compliance with information security requirements
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company’s EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/IT-Computer-System-Administrator-at-Solidus-Technical-Solutions-in-Lexington,-MA-e4fc11bd54eedb07