Sr. Laser Technician Daylight Solutions
San Diego, CA
The Manufacturing Laser/FOCA Senior Technician at Daylight will be responsible for implementation of new production processes, tracking production status, training and supervising assemblers and technicians in material preparation, electro-optical-mechanical assembly, alignment, test and calibration in a manufacturing environment. The candidate will also perform the production tasks as capacity requires. The candidate will perform rework on assemblies and/or systems in response to failures and nonconformance. This position requires an experienced self-motivated, ambitious, and self directed technician who desires challenges and exposure away from the workstation, with the ability to work in a busy and rapidly changing manufacturing environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Without Supervision,
- Schedule, track and report status of recurring production builds.
- Set-up and align optical diagnostic equipment given test requirements.
- Troubleshoot and perform problem isolation on assemblies and sub-assembly components.
- Collect and evaluate test and build data to ensure process control and product quality based on specific procedures and processes.
- Interface with engineers on special tests and qualification testing of new products: This includes developing test methodology, establishing test parameters and drafting procedures.
- Maintain data systems to record and report test results.
- Provide technical input and suggestions on process improvements.
- Analyze equipment performance and schedule maintenance and calibration as required.
- Utilize online databases to transact material, and review drawings and bills of material (basic Dynamics queries and more advanced report generation and analysis).
- Build and test electro-optical assemblies, and laser systems to meet performance specifications.
- Train other technicians and lead by example.
- Supervise other assemblers and technicians to achieve quality, delivery, and worker gratification goals.
- With Engineering support, perform failure analysis and determine root cause with minimal instructions.
- Able to work extended hours if necessary.
- Support adjacent product lines when necessary, ie. System Test
- Maintain a professional work space and environment.
- AS degree or comparable level laser or optics courses is required.
- 5+ years experience in laser, photonics or high technology manufacturing is required.
- Proficient use of MS Excel, MS Word, and Outlook required
- Familiarity with clean room protocol is required.
- Proficient hand soldering skills desired.
- Previous experience with Mid-IR lasers, work at a start-up company, and/or work on new products is beneficial.
- U.S. Citizenship and eligibility to obtain a secret security clearance desired
Take advantage of this ground floor opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in laser technology.
Great opportunity for growth, great benefits in an excellent working environment!
Daylight Solutions is an EOE/AA Employer and E-Verify participant. M/F/V/D.
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Senior-Laser-Technician-at-Daylight-Solutions-in-San-Diego,-CA-4f99dc2f5446f355