Optical and Advanced Signal Processing Researcher
This position is within Lockheed Martin’s Advanced Technology Laboratories. The Advanced Technology Laboratories (ATL) is the advanced computing asset of Lockheed Martin Corporation – a global enterprise with core business in systems integration, space, aeronautics and technology services. The mission at the Advanced Technology Laboratories is to enhance the Corporation’s competitive edge. We are a group of professionals who develop and apply “cutting edge” technologies. Eighty percent of ATL employees are engineering professionals with advanced degrees in computer science, electrical engineering, physics, mathematics, and psychology. All our LM ATL employees are part academician, part researcher, and part entrepreneur, and we strive to develop new technologies, work with our academic partners, and transition our technologies to other Lockheed Martin companies and customers.
We offer a continuous learning environment with strong career growth and advancement opportunities. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, relocation assistance, fitness center, recreation room, flexible work schedule and a relaxed dress code. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace with Pre-Employment Screening.
• Candidate will support research and technology development projects funded by DARPA, DOD service Labs labs such as AFRL, and internal IR&D
• Candidate will develop programs in advanced analog photonic processing, freespace optics, and/or optical signal processing. Candidate should have Electronic Warfare knowledge, SIGINT and ELINT capability, distributed sensor design with experience in advanced signal processing, DSP and embedded processor programming.
The Engineer will work in a research and development (R&D) environment with cutting edge tools, systems, and research The work will include developing electronic warfare algorithms supporting signal tracking, detection and intercept, geolocation, modern protocol analysis, advance DoD photonic processing, cyber security and cyber warfare business efforts, as well as supporting cognitive electronic warfare (EW) programs. The engineer will be working within the EW efforts on Spectrum Awareness and Surveillance programs. The work will involve research in advanced communication systems, optical systems, COMINT, ELINT, SIGINT, software defined radios for Electronic Warfare, SIGINT and RADAR, advanced machine learning, smart sensing and threat management, signal source separation methods, threat analysis, geolocation and direction finding The engineer will attend and may present at various industry conferences and customer venues.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, relocation assistance, fitness center, recreation room, flexible work schedule and a relaxed dress code. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace with Pre-Employment Screening.
Prior to starting work, the selected candidate will select a standard 40 hour / 5 days per week flexible schedule or a flexible 9/80(A) schedule (typically M-Th 9 hours/day; 8 hours on Friday and every other Friday off).
MS in Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics or other science field or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering combined with minimum of 6 years related experience or course work following completion of first degree.
• Working knowledge of Matlab or Labview
• Effective communicator – written and oral
• Strong teamwork skills
• Ability to obtain DoD Secret or higher clearance which requires US citizenship. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Experience in analog signal processing, telecom industry, wireless
• Experience in programming Digital Signal Processors (DSP) and FPGA
• Experience with DOD SIGINT, ELINT, Electronic Warfare, COMINT or similar military intelligence unit
• Understanding of modern wireless communication techniques and protocols
• Experience in Electronic Warfare technology for signal processing, separation, tracking, geolocation and communications exploitation
• Current Secret level clearance or higher desired
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Cherry Hill New Jersey
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Senior-Researcher-at-Lockheed-Martin-in-Cherry-Hill,-NJ-ff694216178b2175