Founded in 1989, Thorlabs has been serving the photonics industry for over 25 years. During that time, our worldwide presence has grown to include 15 offices in 9 countries with over 1500 employees. Each location provides a local presence within the community it serves. These local operations allow for customer dialogues that better inform our understanding of regional needs and how they fit within the worldwide picture. Today, our portfolio includes over 15,000 items, many of which are customer inspired.
Founded in Newton, NJ, the company still calls the town home today. Nestled in rural Sussex County, NJ, Thorlabs is within close proximity to New York City, the Delaware Water Gap, various lakes, state parks, and outdoor areas.
Thorlabs is privileged to play a role in the work of tens of thousands of researchers throughout the world through the products we provide. We are committed to building a company that achieves its competitive advantage from its fundamental understanding of the community of customers we serve.
Purpose of the Position
The position represents and sells our products to customers worldwide and will be responsible for the installation, service and repair of Thorlabs ultrafast lasers and laser tweezers. The candidate must have a solid understanding of optics, lasers, and electronics. Significant travel is required.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Actively approaches customers
- Recognizes and creates opportunities of sales through visits
- Follow leads and able to close projects in a systematic, pragmatic and logical manner
- Able to set realistic customer’s expectations to realize a returning customer base
- Able to negotiate and close complex projects
- Identifies opportunities in new markets and develop strategies on how to penetrate these markets
- Gives market feedback and participates in the development of the next product generation
- Attends major tradeshows to create additional customer contacts
- Organizes and attends customer side demos
- Technical Support:
- Provides on-site instrument installation, maintenance and repair of hardware and software, including customer sites, tradeshows, and courses
- Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction through timely installation and customer service response
- Provides technical support for equipment issues via telephone and in person
In addition to the essential functions and duties listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Ability to handle up to 75 lbs. boxes
- Hands-on experience aligning, maintaining and servicing optical equipment including lasers, and microscopes
- MS in Engineering Technology, EE, Biomedical Science, Physics
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to think and execute tasks independently
- Is able to listen actively, to communicate clearly, to cope with conflicts and to initiate solutions
- Is able to initiate communication, to summarize results, to drive processes
- Is able to present technical materials to large variety of audiences at different knowledge levels
- Lives by the Thorlabs philosophy of being the most appreciated problem solver for the customer’s application, i.e. they understand the application, are involved with technical support of the product lines for help, assess the return on invest of customer specific activities, react quickly and keep promises
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5370927