Calibration & Instrumentation Engineer – Laser Systems Apple
Santa Clara Valley, CA
Apple designs consumer electronics that have touched millions and changed the way people interact with electronic devices around the world.|
The Laser Systems Instrumentation Group is looking for engineers responsible for the design of instrumentation systems that use lasers and imaging / non-imaging optics. These engineers will work closely with the validation and hardware groups in the new product introduction (NPI) phase to ensure the success of current and future Apple products.
- BS/MS in EE/CE/Physics
- Demonstrated experience in consumer electronics design & manufacture
- Demonstrated experience working with imaging systems and measurement systems • Knowledge of EE fundamentals, and at least one of the following:
- Optical Sciences / Photonics • Optoelectronics
- Image processing
- Camera engineering
- Knowledge of data mining large data sets
- Experience with statistical analysis tools such as JMP, Origin, R, etc • Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to travel internationally, not exceeding 25% overall.
- Familiarity with image sensors and optical instruments, as well as their selections for a
particular application is a plus.
- Software programming skills in MATLAB, Objective-C, C, Python is a plus.
- Conversational Mandarin Chinese is a plus.
- Experience working with OS X is a plus.
Key Matching Terms
Optics, Imaging Optics, Non-Imaging Optics, Instrumentation, Measurement, CCD, CMOS Sensor, Display, Color Science, Data Analysis, Camera, Lens, Laser
Specification, development and deployment of calibration and performance verification systems for use during Apple new product introduction (NPI) process, and handover to test engineering groups for mass production.
Specific responsibilities will be tuned to match the candidate’s technical background, but responsibilities may include:
- Develop, optimize and debug software in C/C++/Objective-C/Python
- Develop & optimize image processing algorithms using Matlab
- Work with our mechanical team to specify and validate the required mechanical
fixturing & automation systems for measuring and calibrating devices/components
- Drive system bring-up and qualification at vendors and contract manufacturers during
NPI builds (usually in Asia)
- Analyze system data to drive the next level of performance in both the instrumentation
and the product
- Failure mode root cause analysis and resolution, including diligent debug tracking
from system to component level
Hands-on experience with Zemax, Code V, LightTools, ASAP (BRO), OSLO, RSoft, CST Microwave Studio, or Lumerical is a plus.
Software programming skills in MATLAB, Objective-C, C, Python is a plus.Conversational Mandarin Chinese is a plus.
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with…
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Calibration-Instrumentation-Engineer-at-Apple-in-Santa-Clara-Valley,-CA-6244cfc52d85f90a