Responsible for leading and managing a team of Systems Engineers in developing and sustaining EO/IR sensor and network computing systems for various ground, airborne, and maritime platforms. Reports to the Director of Engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Lead and manage a team of Systems Engineers engaged in system requirements development, systems design and analysis, requirements allocation, and interface design and control. Responsible for the technical excellence of Systems Engineering and the product development lifecycle as applied to the business unit objectives. Ensure good risk management principles are applied and processes are followed.
· Perform as Systems Engineering subject matter expert with regard to Systems Engineering process, ensure good Systems Engineering process is implemented in all product lifecycle activities.
· Work closely with project managers and project engineers to ensure Systems Engineering activities are appropriately scheduled and budgeted into project plans, that resources are assigned and that those activities are successfully executed.
· Work closely with Design Engineering managers to ensure that all external and internal hardware, software, and human factors engineering interfaces are defined, and that all design risks are managed.
· Promote reuse and commonality across the EO/IR and networking computing lines of business. Ensure lessons are learned are applied.
· Define position requirements, interview and hire Systems Engineering personnel.
· Organize staff and create work assignments that achieve both project objectives and provide for personnel development.
· Provide training and career development to the Systems Engineering team. Train others in Systems Engineering process and procedures.
· Provide timely review of each team members’ performance.
· Assist the Director of Engineering with manpower planning and management of engineering discretionary budgets.