KEY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• This is a senior engineer position responsible for designing and developing OSA (Optical Sub-Assembly) for high speed fiber optics transceivers, using various technologies, such as DML, EML, MZM, Silicon Photonics, PIN, APD, etc.
• Working closely with the transceiver engineering group to develop and define the OSA architecture for the high speed fiber optical transceivers with high performance and high manufacturability.
• Perform and guide the overall performance simulation and tolerance analysis, in terms of optical, opto-mechanical, optoelectronical, thermal design, FMEA, and DFM.
• Work closely with both internal and external active/passive component suppliers to develop the necessary lasers, modulators, ASICs, silicon photonics, and passive optical components. Develop and define the specifications for these subcomponents used in the OSA design.
• Responsible for the overall development of the transmitter and receiver assemblies, working closely with optical, mechanical, RF design, process, and test engineers.
• Specify the development/production test requirements.
• Test optoelectronic devices and OSA to understand performance and reliability corners.
• Work with program management and various divisions within the company to coordinate program schedule.
• MS /Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering / Physics / Optics or equivalent.
• 2+ year’s work experiences in related field (developing electrical/optical components for fiber optic communication).
• Strong background in optical, opto-mechanical, opto-electronical design, photonic integration and testing.
• Good understanding in the fiber-optic transmission and RF electronics for high-speed communication.
• Background/experiences in integrated photonic, in Silicon, InP, and/or others, are highly desirable.
• Experiences with moving a product through new-product introduction phases, taking the lifecycle of a product from early concept phase into volume production overseas.
• Good team player.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• The candidate will be expected to do some amount of travel within the US, as well as to Asia and Europe.