Within the Neophotonics R&D department, the Senior Manufacturing/Process Engineer will be responsible for the optical components, subsystem and module assembly process development, including both micro-optical and conventional optical assembly.
Incumbent will work closely with design authority and NPI functional managers to achieve manufacturable, consistent, and reliable process. Also collaborate with the component and module design teams to enable continued advanced product development efforts.
The incumbent will be involved in new product introductions as well as refine current production processes. Working with in-house manufacturing departments, Domestic and Foreign vendors. Die bonding, wire-bonding, and solder process skill sets are also required for this position.
Responsibilities and Authority:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
– Develop process to assemble optical and/or electrical components within predefined module form factor with thermal, electrical, and mechanical considerations;
– Develop accurate optical component positioning procedures to minimize the insertion loss at every optical interface;
– Develop reliable die attachment process with epoxy, solder, wire-bonding or welding;
– Develop optical components and system level assembly process flow that can be manufactured in commercial foundries.
– Develop and maintain specialized optical test capability for transmitter and receiver components, and assembly sub-system modules, as well as pluggable modules.
– Develop opto-mechanical mounting process in Solid Works or Pro E.
– Monitor and track the standard development in IEEE and MSA to make sure the full compliance of optical interconnects.
Education and/or Experience:
– BS Degree minimum requirement (MS or higher preferred) from accredited university with a minimum of 3 years experience (10 years or more preferred) in any of the following Engineering fields: Industrial, Mechanical, General Engineering, or Material Engineering.
– Needs to be hands on and willing to travel overseas to “China Mainland” 10% of the time for 1-2 week periods.
– Experience with optical component, optical materials and illumination system development, especially high volume production, small format PCBA, miniature connectors, micro-optics, Fiber-optic cabling, RF/EMI/ESD, etc is desired. FA and root cause analysis experience is a plus.
– An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Particular importance is placed on previous industry experience with optical component and system-level design, silicon photonics product prototype and testing for telecommunications products.
– Familiarity with optical modeling tools/simulation software such as Zemax, Optilux, etc.
– Basic programming skills in a number of languages (Visual Basic, C, Matlab, etc) to enable test scripting and automation, and experience with data analysis software such as SAS JMP, and mechanical design or layout software such as Autocad or Solidworks is desirable. PDM/PLM (Agile, SAP, Oracle) experience is required for this position.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: N/A
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Senior-Manufacturing-at-NeoPhotonics-Corporation-in-San-Jose,-CA-29b2ee6b441cd0e2