Primary Function: Develop test solutions for optical chip, component and integrated module products, operating at aggregate date rates up to 400Gb/sec, and transfer these solutions to manufacturing. Manage a group of 10+ professionals, including headcount, capital and budget planning.
Responsibilities and Authority: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
– Develop test solutions at the component and transceiver module level operating at up to 64 Gbaud data rates and enabling module transceiver and blade products operating at up to 400 Gb/Sec.
– Develop test solutions for chip verification and manufacturing screening based on several optical material platforms including Planar Lightwave Circuits (PLC), Indium Phosphide, and Silicon photonics.
– Enable flexible design verification testing of new products and cost effective product screening in manufacturing. This includes the full integration of hardware, firmware and software components.
– Manage annual budget for test capital, resource planning and operational costs to execute the company development roadmap.
– Transfer developed test solutions to global manufacturing sites.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
– Minimum Masters graduate degree from an accredited university in engineering or physics.
– Minimum of 5 years of industry experience managing an engineering team within a test lab or developing test equipment and methods for advanced optical components or systems is required.
– An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
– Particular importance is placed on previous industry experience with test engineering management on high speed coherent optical components (such as ICR and modulators), transmission systems, transponders and sub-systems, pluggable modules (such as 5×7 MSA, CFP-ACO, CFP-DCO and CFP2) for telecommunications products.
Computer Skills: Basic programming skills in a number of languages (Visual Basic, C, Matlab, etc) to enable the management of test scripting and automation. Experience with SQL database management and data analysis software such as SAS JMP is desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: N/A
*Notice to Staffing Vendors/Agencies/Search Firms*
NeoPhotonics does not use Staffing Vendors/Agencies/Search Firms at this time.
Any resumes submitted unsolicited will not be due a fee.