Applications Engineer II Hamamatsu Corporation
San Jose, CA 95128
Hamamatsu is one of the world’s largest suppliers of advanced light detectors and detector systems for industrial, scientific, and commercial applications, is seeking an Applications Engineer for our San Jose, location. Our customer base is remarkably diverse; we serve Fortune 100 firms, top research labs, and innovative startups as well. Hamamatsu’s mission is to improve the welfare of society through the advancement of photonics technology.
Job Duties :
- Provide technical support on our products to OEM customers, distributors, end users, and Company Sales / Marketing staff. This includes troubleshooting, product selection, data analysis, measurements, system design recommendations/feedback. Track customer issues and perform failure analysis on returned products.
- Technical team member for OEM projects requiring custom specifications and/or designs. Interface with customers to understand and develop specifications.
- Perform testing of operation and software compatibility of demo units, beta release products, and customer systems.
- Write application notes (HCTechNotes), marketing newsletter items, procedure manuals, and internal product evaluation reports. Train Sales, Marketing, and Technical staff.
- Participate in Marketing and Sales projects as a product / technology specialist. Develop sales strategies with cross-functional teams.
- Develop area of expertise through training with HPK engineers, attending conferences, and completing courses.
- Special projects as needed.
Required Education, Training and Experience
- 4 year technical degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related engineering field
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Professional interpersonal skills
- Advanced professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to Detail
- Demonstrated follow-through skills & attention to detail
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Specialized product knowledge
- 3 Years of experience in the field of Photonics.
- Ability to travel 10-15%, possibly international, with the ability to transport yourseld to and from appointments.
- Self Motivated
- Project Management experience
- Technical support experience
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- University research in a related field/ Published scientific papers
- Designed experience, electrical, optical or mechanical
- Experience with integrated circuit design and manufacturing
- Opto electronics experience
- Knowledge of Japanese culture
Hamamatsu offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package for full-time employees which include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Vacation/Sick/Personal Time, Long Term Care Insurance and Retirement Plans. EOE. m/f/d/v. Send your cover letter & resume to: Fax: 908-526-0762, OR mail: Hamamatsu, 360 Foothill Rd., Bridgewater, NJ 08807, ATTN: HR
Job Type: Full-time
- field of Photonics: 3 years
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to Hamamatsu Corporation.
At Hamamatsu Photonics, our aim is to make it possible to detect cancer and senile dementia at the early stages, and to initiate early…
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Application-Engineer-at-Hamamatsu-Corporation-in-San-Jose,-CA-83a1f058ceec7be3