Founded in 1989, Thorlabs has been serving the photonics industry for over 25 years. During that time, our worldwide presence has grown to include 15 offices in 9 countries with over 1500 employees. Each location provides a local presence within the community it serves. These local operations allow for customer dialogues that better inform our understanding of regional needs and how they fit within the worldwide picture. Today, our portfolio includes over 15,000 items, many of which are customer inspired.
Founded in Newton, NJ, the company still calls the town home today. Nestled in rural Sussex County, NJ, Thorlabs is within close proximity to New York City, the Delaware Water Gap, various lakes, state parks, and outdoor areas.
Thorlabs is privileged to play a role in the work of tens of thousands of researchers throughout the world through the products we provide. We are committed to building a company that achieves its competitive advantage from its fundamental understanding of the community of customers we serve.
Purpose of the Position
Thorlabs Scientific Imaging group in Austin, Texas designs and manufactures state-of-the-art digital cameras and imaging systems. We are seeking a talented, experienced FPGA design and verification engineer to lead the development and commercialization of a FPGA-based, high-speed, data acquisition host adapters for Thorlabs products.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Technology transfer from Thorlabs R&D division
- Participation in building core technical team
- Working with internal customers to finalize product requirements
- Leadership of the hardware and firmware development team from design to sustaining engineering
- Development of Field Programmable Gate Arrays including coding, test and functional verification, timing closure, and documentation. Emphasis on high-speed hardware data path, memory controllers, and PCIe interface.
In addition to the essential functions and duties listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
- Minimum 5 years of FPGA design experience with 2 years of board-level product commercialization experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated strong VHDL and/or Verilog skills; logical and physical design, timing closure
- Recent design of complex, dense design with Xilinx FPGA design flow and simulation tools
- High-speed (GHz) serial and DDR3 implementations
- Familiarity with high-speed (GHz) PCB design techniques
- Recent design of data-intensive architectures and functional blocks; for example radar, lidar, or HDTV.
- FPGA-based, board-level architecture and design
- Demonstrated ability to bring FPGA subsystem from concept through release to manufacturing
- Working knowledge of signal processing algorithms, host architectures, and host data storage devices and optimization techniques
- Development of project timelines and milestones
- Management of FPGA technical risk; including analysis, simulation, prototyping, and contingency planning
- Design for Test and Manufacturability
- Board-level, production test development and implementation
- Electronic device commercialization
- PCIe Host Adaptor Card design and commercialization experience desired
- Imaging Systems experience desired
- Digital Signal Processing experience desired
Direct Reports: None
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5370929