Newport, now part of MKS Instruments, is the world’s largest photonics company providing innovative solutions and industry-leading product brands to multiple markets. Our combined product portfolio includes Corion®, ILX Lightwave™, New Focus™, Ophir, Oriel® Instruments, Richardson Gratings™, and Spectra-Physics® Lasers. We provide complete photonic solutions to make, manage and measure light.
Summary Description: The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards and recommending and implementing improvements to production processes, methods and controls. The Manufacturing Engineer is also a primary resource for process and equipment troubleshooting and resolution. The position requires knowledge of statistical methods as they relate to process control, failure methods, data analysis, troubleshooting, and process/equipment qualification. This position reports to Director of Manufacturing.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop processes for new products
- Design and debug tooling for optics manufacturing, assembly, and test
- Develop and implement cost reduction plans relating to manufacturing processes
- Document processes and work instructions
- Deploy new manufacturing and measurement equipment
- Use process data to develop improvement plans to improve process capability
- Support production floor in resolving technical problems
- Support maintenance in resolving equipment problems
- Lead problem solving and troubleshooting assignments for manufacturing
- Work effectively with other members of the RGL team
- As requested, complete special assignments
Success is achieved when:
- Schedules regarding new projects and improvements are met
- Work effectively with members of the RGL team to meet our corporate goals
- Efficiency improvement plans are met
- BS Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- 5-7 years related experience in Manufacturing Engineering, preferably in optics mfg.
- Proficiency with CAD required.
- Experience with 3D modeling (Solid Works preferred).
- Experienced in process-oriented job-shop manufacturing environment preferred.
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing
- Experience in applying statistical techniques
- Ability to apply past experience and knowledge to formulate new solutions to manufacturing process problems
- Basic knowledge of coating process and mechanics of coater equipment
- Measuring coated substrates and evaluating the results against requirements
- Knowledge of machining processes and characterization required.
- Willingness and ability to perform “hands-on” technical work in a laboratory environment.
- Organized, with strong technical and computer skills. (Microsoft, SAP, CAD)
- Ability to establish and meet cost goals and meet schedule commitments.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Highly motivated and excellent team member.
- Some travel required to meet business or customer objectives.
- US Citizenship is required.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Req. Code : 70000573
Division/Department : Photonix
Apply Here: http://jobview.monster.com/Sr-Manufacturing-Engineer-Job-Rochester-NY-US-182756045.aspx