Newport is the premier source of photonics technology. We have an excellent opportunity for a proven sales producer with a global market-leading company.
This key contributor role covers a geographic territory with established accounts in the Midwest, Southern and Southeast states with significant growth opportunities by expanding business within existing accounts and targeted new accounts.
The Sales Territory Manager is responsible for identifying business opportunities, meeting customer needs, and promoting the brand, product offering and capabilities. The Sales Territory Manager develops and maintains relationships with customers and accounts in the assigned geographical region. The primary focus of this position is generating new business at new and existing accounts to gain market share and increase profitability. The role requires effective lead follow up, opportunity identification and qualification, and technical and commercial discovery skills. Frequent communication with the customer and coordination with internal product management, project management, engineering, manufacturing and quality resources is required.
- Meet or exceed orders budget for assigned geographic territory and/or named accounts
- Identify new opportunities, applications, segments, and markets for products and capabilities
- Build strong relationships with customers at multiple levels in organization
- Work as a team with other Sales Territory Managers to grow total business
- Build relationships with all internal functional groups
- Know products and capabilities and recognize market and customer dynamics and drivers
- Provide accurate orders forecast to Sales Management
- Develop and execute strategies for territory and specific accounts
- Attend tradeshows and conferences
- Manage and maintain orders pipeline and opportunities in CRM
- Identify, collect, and disseminate sales best practices, customer requirements, and customer feedback to drive continuous improvement of business
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Photonics-related field (Physics, Engineering, Applied Science)
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in a customer facing role
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals in previous assignments
- Demonstrated track record of compliance with sales policy and related regulations
- Must possess strong initiative, resiliency, organizational and time management skills
- Must be an excellent problem solver, comfortable with peaks and valleys in workload
- Must have good leadership skill and decision making skill
- Open and communicative, stable and reliable, with strong team work spirit
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficient computer, software, and data analysis skills (Salesforce.com/CRM, Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point)
- Excel at remote work/supervision
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to perform with minimal direct supervisory intervention.
- Coaching skill
- Passionate about learning and succeeding
- This position requires frequent travel (30-50%)
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds. No environmental hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office)
The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Req. Code : 70000392
Division/Department : Photonix
Apply Here: http://jobview.monster.com/Sales-Territory-Manager-Job-Irvine-CA-US-182706812.aspx