Newport, now part of MKS Instruments, is the world’s largest photonics company providing innovative solutions and industry-leading product brands to multiple markets. Our combined product portfolio includes Corion®, ILX Lightwave™, New Focus™, Ophir, Oriel® Instruments, Richardson Gratings™, and Spectra-Physics® Lasers. We provide complete photonic solutions to make, manage and measure light.
We are seeking a talented, motivated and self-driven Senior Network Engineer to join our Global IT team. The candidate will oversee Cisco Routing and Switching technologies and responsible for creating strategies, policies and standards for building high performing WAN and LAN services to improve user productivity. In this role, candidate will be responsible for analyzing new technologies, leading projects, as well as influencing technology strategy around the company.
- Subject matter expert for network services including routing, switching, load balancing, wireless network, VoIP, VPN, MPLS and network security.
- Extensive knowledge of PAN, Juniper, F5, Cisco, Palo Alto, and other network systems and technologies.
- Complex problem resolution skills relating to network connectivity and application inter-operability.
- Design, implements, documents network services per solution design
- Monitor, analyze, and report capacity of Network solution system utilization and perform growth analysis/capacity planning.
- Primary point of contact during major outages or critical downtime windows
- Ensure Network regulations, security and legal requirements are maintained globally.
Document enterprise network infrastructure components
- 5+ years of experience in Information Technology in the management, configuration, modification, installation, and evaluation of network systems hardware and software
- Prior experience as Sr. Network Engineer in a Global Corporate environment
- Expert level hands-on knowledge in Cisco, IOS, Routers/Switches
- Expert level knowledge with design and administering global WAN, LAN (Wired and Wireless) networks
- Excellent BGP / OSPF protocols understanding, configuration and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiar with Data Center Architecture – Network, Servers, Storage
- Industry certifications such as CCIE a plus
- Project management skills, certifications or experience a plus
- Bachelor’s in degree Information Technology, or related field
- At least 5+ years of experience or equivalent experience working as Sr. Networking Engineer in a Global company.
- Excellent organizational skills and solid team player
- Able to work with little to no guidance
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Req. Code : 70000271
Division/Department : Corporate