Block Engineering, located in Marlborough, Massachusetts (greater Boston metro area), develops and sells Quantum Cascade Laser (QCL) and Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) analyzers for the identification and detection of gases, liquids and solids
Block is seeking a Lead Mechanical Engineer with opto-mechanical engineering experience to join our optical gas analyzer development team. You will join a diverse engineering staff and develop new and cutting edge technology for our LaserSense product line. As Block’s Lead Mechanical Engineer, you will be engaged in solving complex opto-mechanical design challenges, designing gas/sample conditioning systems, designing cost/time efficient instrument packaging solutions, and working with the team to transfer engineering designs to manufacturing.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical leadership and work with a cross-functional team of engineers and scientists in designing components, assemblies, and processes for Block Engineering’s new products.
- Lead design efforts of critical components for new products across multiple product lines using SolidWorks 2015.
- Identify and interact with vendors to obtain engineering materials, processes, and equipment.
- Interface with Director of Engineering to ensure design requirements are understood and transferred correctly to engineering specifications.
- Work with cross functional teams to identify, plan, and execute tasks to bring products from concept through to manufacturing release.
- Provide technical guidance to team to develop and improve manufacturing processes to pilot production level.
- Other tasks as assigned by Program Manager.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5370919