RedShift BioAnalytics is developing powerful new analytical tools for the R&D, life science and biopharmaceutical markets. Our measurement solutions combine tunable lasers, microfluidics, and analytical technologies to achieve revolutionary improvements in performance and analytical capabilities. At RedShift, we provide customers with solutions that accelerate product discovery, development and manufacturing while enabling dramatic improvements in performance, efficiency and cost.
We have developed major partnerships with industry leaders, attracted top talent to our executive and advisory teams, and received strategic and venture funding to support our product introductions and continue to build our team. Our team members are innovators who push beyond the status quo to create one of the most promising technology start-ups in the Boston area.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. RedShift BioAnalytics affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
A minimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience beyond school is required for this position, with a concentration in lasers and optics. Applicants must possess deep knowledge in optical elements and assemblies of semi-conductor laser systems, including opto-mechanics and electronics interfaces. The ideal candidate would have extensive experience with laser systems and strong experimental and testing skills.
We are seeking an exceptional engineer who will work as a high-level engineer, assuming a key role supporting the development and manufacture of laser based analytical instrumentation in the R&D, life science and biotherapeutic markets. This position provides a fast paced, multi-project environment where one can make an immediate impact on product quality. The position is based in Burlington, MA, USA.
*Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- Advanced degree in Physics with a concentration in lasers and optics.
- 10+ years of experience with the design and development of semiconductor based lasers, optics, optical detectors and measurements.
- Experience in quantum cascade lasers and external cavity lasers strongly preferred.
- Must be familiar with detectors and spectrometers.
- Excellent understanding of electro-optic packaging of semiconductor lasers. Skilled in semiconductor laser thermal management and temperature control.
- Optical design and modeling, laser resonator design, and beam propagation proficiency.
- Zemax modeling skills strongly preferred.
- Uses knowledge and understanding of laser systems to develop solutions to problems encountered in operation, control, and integration of laser based products.
- As the lead laser engineer lead the prototype builds, focusing on laser assembly.
- Provide design feedback for manufacturability, serviceability, and reliability.
- Specify and assist in development of manufacturing test and assembly fixtures.
- Prepare final documentation for new product releases into manufacturing, including bills of materials, work instructions, test procedures, data sheets, and ECO’s.
- Develop and perform design verification tests of laser assemblies and supporting systems.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Provide training and support to manufacturing personnel.
- Extremely motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced environment, with a hard-working multi-disciplinary team.
- Resourceful and flexible and willing to work hands-on in developing novel technologies and executing program deliverables.
- Experience in technology assessment and technology management a plus.
- Strong team player.
- Adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following through, while remaining highly energetic and focused.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5370915