Edmund Optics is a leading supplier of optical components, designing and manufacturing a wide array of multi-element lenses, lens coatings, imaging systems, and opto-mechanical equipment. Recently voted #1 Preferred Supplier of Optical Components in the US by Readex Research, we are proud to assist customers in a wide variety of applications from medical devices to inspection systems to laboratory research. While Edmund Optics is well known for its catalog, we offer much more to customers, including a wide array of engineering and manufacturing services. Our worldwide presence in the United States, Japan, China, Germany, Korea, the United Kingdom and Singapore allows us to service a global audience with local support and languages. Edmund Optics remains focused on providing our customers with the largest selection and inventory of optical components in the world, along with quick delivery and outstanding technical support. We invite you to learn more about our dynamic company and culture online at: www.edmundoptics.com.
Edmund Optics is seeking a highly competent and skilled Optics Manufacturing Technician for first and second shift. This person should be able to fabricate Edmund Optics Modified Standard product offerings and other orders assigned by management. CNC machinists are uniquely qualified for this position and are highly encouraged to apply. This person could be cross-trained to work in our Diamond Turning facility. First shift is 6:30am-3:00pm, Monday through Friday. Second shift is 2:30pm – 11:
- Develop/Improve processes & techniques for blocking, manufacturing, and inspection of optics
- Assist with scheduling of Modified Standard manufacturing
- Work with Production Control in creating material routings
- Perform visual inspections of optics for defects related to fabrication
- Perform optical tests, including interferometric tests, as applicable to determine compliance to specifications
- May be required to use a ladder to organize or obtain supplies
- May be required to use shop and power tools
- Participate in 5S activities which include but are not limited to cleaning, organizing, sweeping, and mopping work area
- Other duties as assigned
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand spec sheets, blue prints, work orders and work instructions
- Ability to think critically and solve complex problems
- Mechanical and visual acuity skill sets to facilitate the fabrication process to the required specifications
- General computer skills
- Knowledge of G-Code & M-Code programming, CADCAM programming, and MS Excel is a plus
Minimum of Associate’s Degree or equivalent technical school, 1+ years in manufacturing or quality assurance related experience preferred.
Adequate manual dexterity to perform essential functions; ability to use some physical efforts in the handling of heavy materials and machinery (most tasks require no more than 50 lbs. lifting); position requires about 80% standing; ability to work in manufacturing environment.
- Work overtime as required
- US Citizenship or permanent residence required
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.
About the Company
Edmund Optics has been a leading supplier of optics and optical components to the industry since 1942, designing and manufacturing a wide array of multi-element lenses, lens coatings, imaging systems, and opto-mechanical equipment. Although we are well known as a catalog-based distributor of industrial optics and related products, we offer much more – including a number of engineering and manufacturing services – to our customers. A worldwide presence in industrial optics, we have offices in the United States, Japan, China, Germany, Korea, the United Kingdom and Singapore, as well as sales representation in Israel, Italy and Switzerland.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes matching 401k, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, pre-tax accounts for health care, reimbursement for health club costs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid company holidays, and tuition reimbursement. Relocation support available for qualified candidates.
00pm, Monday through Friday.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5370893