SENIOR ANALYST – SOX COMPLIANCE
FINANCIAL CONTROLS AND COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT
Intevac is a leader in the design and development of high-productivity, thin-film processing systems. Our production-proven platforms are designed for high-volume manufacturing of substrates with precise thin film properties, such as the hard drive media, display cover panel, and solar photovoltaic markets we serve currently. In our Photonics business, we are a recognized leading developer of advanced high-sensitivity digital sensors, cameras and systems that primarily serve the defense industry. We are the provider of integrated digital imaging systems for most U.S. military night vision programs. Intevac is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SENIOR ANALYST – Position Responsibilities
The Senior Analyst will Lead/Conduct SOX efforts, including planning, scoping, risk assessment and internal controls testing.
Specifically, the Senior Analyst will be responsible for the following:
· Performs annual planning and scoping for SOX assessment including risk assessment
· Assesses the suitability of internal control design via review of process documentation.
· Manages daily operations in support of financial controls testing for SOX 404 compliance
· Coordinates annual internal controls walkthroughs.
· Conducts audit testing of key controls to validate internal control effectiveness.
· Helps manage the implementation of a Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) tool such as Workiva; support requirements gathering, task management, progress tracking, etc.
· Provides support for third-party audit
· Assists control owners with the remediation of control failures.
· Identifies improper accounting, researches issues, and makes recommendations to improve policies or procedures accordingly.
· Seeks, develops and presents ideas that enable business units to implement best practices
· Advanced knowledge level of SOX, financial and operational controls, identifying risks and related controls and performing the necessary test work of significant controls
· 3 – 5 years of Finance and Accounting experience.
· Current CPA and experience at a major public accounting firm preferred.
· Adept at executing in a highly competitive and/or high-growth business environment.
The personal characteristics of this candidate are equally important as his or her background and prior performance. Key qualities sought in the evaluation of successful candidates will include:
- Self-confident with candor/direct manner.
- Willing to work hard to achieve shared organizational goals.
- Has demonstrated irreproachable ethics and integrity in business and personal conduct.
- Strong team player with the ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
·Flexible and forward-thinking style.
- BS Accounting, CPA or MBA preferred. US citizenship is required.