The Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, College of Engineering and Advanced Photonics Research Center at Southern University of Science and Technology are looking to hire multiple Research Assistant Professors in the area of optoelectronics and photonics. The researchers will be expected to work with multiple research teams to develop research programs, manage labs, and mentor junior students, etc. We are particularly interested in those who have expertise in the following research areas including but not limited to: 1) colloidal quantum dot and perovskite nanocrystal photonics, 2) THz optoelectronics, 3) plasmonics, metamaterials and metasurfaces, 4) liquid crystal optoelectronics, 5) organic and flexible electronics, 6) solar cells, 7) TFT?OLED and QLED, 8) III-nitride optoelectronics, 9) photonics for biomedical applications, 10) micro/nanofabrication, 11) high-power fiber lasers, fiber lasers and sensors, 12) laser spectroscopy, 13) optical microcavity, 14) coherent optical imaging and x-ray imaging 15) wearable, near-to-eye and 3D displays, and AR&VR, 16) optical design, etc. This position can be funded for a three-year period initially, with a possibility for extension pending acceptable performance.
· Work with the principle investigators to develop a research program aligning the research directions;
· Manage lab daily operations;
· Elucidate potential livelihood/entrepreneurship development for certain technologies;
· Oversee development of reports, peer-reviewed publications and other written documents within his/her expertise;
· Help secure funding for sustainable research and associated engagement activities;
· Help mentor junior students;
· Develop outreach materials for academic and non-academic audiences.
Applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
· Disciplinary or interdisciplinary Ph.D.; Doctorate degree in appropriate fields with quantitative methodology;
· Candidates’ expertise in the relevant research fields;
· Evidence of strong research capabilities, such as publications in peer-reviewed journals;
· Excellent English writing and speaking skills;
· Demonstrated interest in collaborative and interdisciplinary research.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications must include the following: 1) a cover letter that includes the applicant’s perceived fit with the position; 2) a statement focusing on your research experience and interests relative to this position; 3) a curriculum vitae; and 4) contact information for three or more references.
All the application documents or questions regarding the position may be directed to Dr. Yanjun Liu via email at [email protected]
Apply Here: http://jobs.physicstoday.org/jobs/8921659/research-assistant-professor