Newport, now part of MKS Instruments, is the world’s largest photonics company providing innovative solutions and industry-leading product brands to multiple markets. Our combined product portfolio includes Corion®, ILX Lightwave™, New Focus™, Ophir, Oriel® Instruments, Richardson Gratings™, and Spectra-Physics® Lasers. We provide complete photonic solutions to make, manage and measure light.
Responsible for supervising and coordinating the department to meet production goals, quality and cost objectives. Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, materials supply, sales forecast and production ramp planning. Selects and develops personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the production function. Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas. Answers routine questions and provides technical guidance to team members.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans and directs daily production activities including establishing production priorities and personnel assignments. Works with buyer/planners to assure schedule satisfies on-time delivery targets and reduce 7 waste (owns lean manufacturing process).
- Ensures an efficient operation and utilization of available human and material resources.
- Works with engineering and manufacturing engineering on the definition of failure root cause and resolution as well as process improvements.
- Communicates and implements company guidelines, procedures and policies in the area including monitoring of overtime.
- Conduct daily production meetings.
- Develops highly motivated work teams instilling a sense of pride and ownership in the overall performance of the department. Play a key role in the development and training of assigned personnel in the areas of safety, quality and production processes and other trainings as required.
- Conduct employee performance reviews incl. regular audits of workmanship standards. Manage and monitor timekeeping ad timecard accuracy.
- Supports communication of updates to BOMs, Drawings, routings, procedures, etc. to manufacturing engineers, buyer/planners, etc.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by manager
Knowledge & Experience:
- A.A required, B.S. preferred in Manufacturing Engineering or related experience or;
- 8 to 10 years or related experience
- Experience in clean room environment fabrication and assembly. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing and minimum 2 years’ experience in supervision.
- Knowledge & experience in low volume / high mix manufacturing environment.
- PC Literate, MS Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of SAP system.
- Supervisory skills training; interviewing, disciplining, motivating employees, etc.
- Effective communication skills
- High organization skills and execution discipline
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work under stress
- Has to be a Team Player
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Req. Code : 70005132
Division/Department : I&IS