Senior Commodity Manager, ASICs
Oclaro Inc. –
San Jose, CA
Oclaro, Inc. (Nasdaq: OCLR), is a leader in optical components, modules and subsystems for the core optical, enterprise and data center markets. Leveraging more than three decades of laser technology innovation, photonics integration, and subsystem design, Oclaro’s solutions are at the heart of the fast optical networks and high-speed interconnects driving the next wave of streaming video, cloud computing, VOIP and other bandwidth-intensive and high-speed applications.
Position Reports to: Director, Global Supply Chain Procurement
Function/Department: Supply Chain Management
Location of position: San Jose, CA
The Senior Commodity Manager is a senior leadership position within the Global Strategic Supply Chain Management team responsible for the strategic direction of the ASICs commodity. As such, this position will “own” the commodity and the supplier relationships thereof. The Commodity Manager will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing strategies and procedures to meet the evolving needs of the business, defining cost reduction roadmaps and delivering related cost reductions, continuously improve service levels, metrics and effective inventory management. The Commodity Manager will be responsible for providing strong SCM input and guidance to the New Product Introduction program teams and the Contract Manufacturing (CM) teams, ensuring that the program direction aligns with the supply chain strategy. The candidate will need to be highly motivated, independent self-starter and capable of working with a diverse supply base and across a global organization. The candidate must be capable of leading the global cross-functional team through experience, data and influence. The role will require the candidate to work flexibly to accommodate ‘time-zone’ challenges and to undertake international travel as required.
Job Responsibilities :
- Set the strategic direction for the the ASICs Commodity including catalogue electrical components (e.g., long term definition of sourcing strategy, vendor selection, cost roadmap, etc.)
- Periodically review and assure the proper purchasing activity by designated Contract Manufacturers for the assigned commodity to meet stated Demand Plan quantities without incurring excess inventory
- Establish Commodity/Technology Reviews regionally and globally to ensure that the BUs, development and the NPI teams are bought into the strategies
- Coordinate with the corresponding Commodity Engineer to assure that proactive and reactive processes are in place to resolve potential or outstanding issues as they are detected
- Oversee the management of strategic supplier relationships (including reporting and metrics). Ensure that executive relationships are effectively developed between the supplier and Oclaro
- Negotiate and define cost objectives. Align to supplier roadmaps and benchmarking objectives. Develop and approve commercial agreements for the assigned commodity
- Take commercial and technical accountability for the assigned commodity
- Management of the AML/ASL (Approved Manufacturer/Supplier Lists)
- Provide Supply Chain support to NPI Projects via the SC NPI team
- Manage outside subcontractors, in support of NPI activities
- Work with the engineering teams to ensure purchase specifications are optimized
- Resolve escalated conflicts affecting the commodity group
Job Requirements :
Required Skills :
- Ten (10) plus years’ experience in Supply Chain, with a minimum of five (5) years of direct experience related to engineering contracts for Application Specific Integrated Circuits. Engineering experience preferred.
- Five (5) plus years in a management or global cross-functional team leadership roles
- Ten (10) years of experience in the area of materials management with an understanding of current manufacturing and supply chain trends
- Five (5) plus years of experience in commercial negotiation.
- Extensive experience working with SAP/Agile or similar Tier 1 ERP System.
- BS in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Professional certification in applicable disciplines such as CPIM or CPM desired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion , sexual orientation, gender identity, *national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability*
Job Type: Full-time
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to Oclaro Inc..
Oclaro, Inc. is a leading provider of optical components, modules and subsystems for the core optical transport, service provider, wireless…
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Senior-Commodity-Manager-at-Oclaro-in-San-Jose,-CA-4fc8fb465eb69593