Parts/Components Senior Engineer
Jada Systems is looking for a Parts/Components Subject Matter Expert to provide direct support to our JPL customer. The position is an integral part of JPL Mission Assurance teams, and as such, operates with a fair degree of autonomy as project tasks and assignments dictate.
It requires the ability to provide direct technical experience and skills to assigned tasks and support processes. The position requires efficient completion of tasks, ability to prioritize and coordinate and multiple tasks to obtain desired results, and a high of attention to detail is a must. All assignments are to be carried out with a high degree of technical competency, professional integrity and courtesy.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
· This position provides technical skills and responsibilities in interpreting, organizing, and implementing complex, highly technical, state-of-the-art tasks.
· Involves making decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have a positive significant impact on various tasks/activities.
· Involves interfacing regularly at various levels, keeping management informed of task status, discussing newly proposed tasks and giving required presentations.
· Involves identifying and assigning priorities for task accomplishment and ensuring that efforts meet established requirements, time schedules and budgets and that work meets all established standards for quality.
· Involves routine technical and programmatic interface with JPL Project Managers and Project Designers and Engineer to develop appropriate reliability engineering requirements and plans for JPL Space Projects.
· The successful candidate will lead and perform duties related to the selection, procurement, manufacture, and use and/or testing/screening of electronic parts in high reliability applications.
· The successful candidate apply expert knowledge of industry and/or academic practices and standards across a range of applications and systems.
· The successful candidate provide technical oversight of flight electronic parts tasks including the creation of engineering requirements specifications and drawings and advising projects on high reliability electronic part selections maximizing reliability while considering cost and schedule constraints.
· The successful candidate apply extensive understanding of part and project risk knowledge to define part reliability and quality requirements and assess risks associated with waivers, deficiencies and failures.
· The successful candidate select and approve EEEE parts, such as Microcircuits, Hybrids, & Multichip Modules, Semiconductors, Passive Devices (Resistors, Capacitors, Relays) for spacecraft systems.
· The successful candidate review and approve screening and qualification plans for compliance to program PMPSL and TOR requirements. As well as review and approve source control drawings and Parts Approval Requests (PARs).
· Requires in-depth understanding of Military performance and standards specifications of various commodities.
· Apply multidisciplinary and in-depth knowledge and experience to decide when to release or apply margins
· Report on screening and/or failure test results and advise senior management and project.
· Support continuous refinement and improvement of development methodologies and processes.
· Support project team meetings and reviews, including PMPCBs, with a high degree of personal and professional responsibility.
· Clearance level at Secret/Top Secret level desired.
· Experience must include expert knowledge in one or more of the following areas – RF Parts, Hybrid Parts, Photonics, VLSI Microelectronics or Passives Parts in support of parts development, fabrication, manufacturing, process integration, reliability assessment and test and/or qualification.
· Extensive understanding and experience in the selection, procurement, manufacture, use, and testing/screening of high reliability electronic parts for spaceflight applications.
· Requires an understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in electronic parts technologies resulting in contributions to the development of new test and qualification methodologies.
· Professional experience with EEE parts and supporting Mil-STDs.
· Preferred knowledge of DoD, NASA, and JEDEC specifications and requirements related to electronic parts.
· Ability to work well with cross-functional reams, design engineers, line management, and project management.
· Excellent computer skills, including and use of computer-aided engineering tools.
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills, and ability to work with multiple interfaces is required.
Required Education (including Major):