Newport, now part of MKS Instruments, is the world’s largest photonics company providing innovative solutions and industry-leading product brands to multiple markets. Our combined product portfolio includes Corion®, ILX Lightwave™, New Focus™, Ophir, Oriel® Instruments, Richardson Gratings™, and Spectra-Physics® Lasers. We provide complete photonic solutions to make, manage and measure light.
MKS people combine world class engineering and problem solving skills with highly developed listening skills and an unwavering dedication to helping our customers succeed. Our teams push the technology envelope and collaborate across a range of design discipline in our search for inventive solutions.
Our processes are lean and agile and our employees are innovative and focused. We work hard to be easy to work with and we measure our success by the success of our customers.
Cutting edge science and engineering along with the ability to identify with customers are not often found together. When they fuse, the combination is extraordinary. The best MKS people create that fusion.
MKS proudly offers extensive, competitive and well-rounded benefits packages to our employees. At MKS, we value the special talents and resources our employees provide to us, and we know that without their satisfaction and dedication our continued success would not be possible.
Take a look and discover for yourself the outstanding benefits of joining MKS today!
We have an excellent opportunity for an individual with a scientific background in Physics/Optics or other related fields who wants a career path to sales or marketing.
The Inside Technical Sales Engineer provides pre and post sales support for the scientific and commercial customers across the full line of Newport brand photonics tools and equipment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing real-time technical support and customer solutions to a broad variety of complex applications (via e-mail and telephone) in technical fields including Spectroscopy, Semiconductor, Metrology and R&D Scientific Markets for all Newport scientific products including but not limited to tunable lasers, modulators, photoreceivers, optomechanics, and motion components.
- Interface with customers in R&D, engineering and marketing to understand the technical nature of problems and offer innovative solutions to customers
- Responsible for quote follow ups, managing opportunities and identifying new opportunities by accurately qualifying customer inquiries
- Document service requests into CRM (Customer Relations Management) system; support Sales with technical quotes; qualify RMA’s and provide service pricing and manage custom requests
- BS in Engineering or equivalent physical Science (MS Preferred) with 2+ years experience on commercial product or application development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge in diode laser design and applications, specifically tunable external cavity diode lasers
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of working proactively
- Technically competent and scientifically curious
- Sales background a plus
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines
Req. Code : 70002362
Division/Department : Photonix
Apply Here: http://jobview.monster.com/Inside-Sales-Engineer-Job-Santa-Clara-CA-US-182255180.aspx