Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community. Job Title – Associate or Senior Editor (Optical Physics) Organisation – Nature Communications Location – London, Shanghai or New York Nature Research is the world’s leader in publishing high-quality research from across the natural sciences. Its journals include Nature, the Nature Research journals, the Nature Reviews journals and Nature Communications. Nature Communications is the leading multidisciplinary Open Access journal, publishing high-quality research from across the natural sciences. To help us to build on the success of this journal, we’re seeking a physicist who has a critical eye, a deep understanding of their subject and interests beyond, and who can think on their feet. The Associate/Senior Editor role at Nature Communications is ideal for researchers who love science but feel that a career at the bench isn’t enough to sate your desire to learn more about the natural world and for those who enjoy reading papers outside their chosen area of research. The responsibilities include:
- Handling original research papers, and working closely with other editors on all aspects of the editorial process, including manuscript selection and overseeing peer review.
- Making well-reasoned editorial decisions on submitted manuscripts in the light of expert advice.
- Determining the representation of their subject in the journal.
- Liaising extensively with editors at other journals in the Nature family and with experts in the international scientific community.
- Attending conferences and visiting research institutions.
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- A PhD (or equivalent) in any area of optics. This could include but is not limited to optics in the infrared, microwave or terahertz regime on any scale. Some postdoctoral research experience is preferred. A thorough understanding of the fundamentals of the subject is essential.
- Some postdoctoral research experience is preferred. A thorough understanding of the fundamentals of the subject is essential.
- A passion for science and a thirst to learn more. You must be able to demonstrate the breadth of your interest in scientific research, both within and beyond your speciality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be fluent in English (written and spoken).
- The ability to read and assess the novelty, context and implications of research submitted to the journal from different areas of this discipline.
- Be eager to travel and meet scientists worldwide, learn more about them and their research, and help them learn more about us and what we are looking for in the papers we seek to publish.
This role is located in either our London, Shanghai or New York office. All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the respective country to be considered for the position. The position is offered on a full-time, permanent basis.
Editorial experience is not required, although applicants with significant editorial experience are encouraged to apply and will potentially be considered for Senior Editor positions. Applicants should include a CV, a covering letter explaining their interest in the post and their preferred office of employment, and a separate concise (
Apply Here: http://jobs.workinoptics.com/jobs/8920043/associate-or-senior-editor-optical-physics