Immediate opening in Hopkinton MA for an entry level Precision Mechanical Technician & Assembler for nano positioning and micro positioning products. This is full time permanent position, Monday to Friday, day shift only. Our ideal candidate will be primarily responsible for assembly, repair, calibration and testing of precision electro-mechanical products. This is an entry level role, will train the right candidate. This is a direct hire. No agencies at this time, please no solicitations.
- Mechanical assembly of high performance motion devices requiring precision alignments and measurements.
- Soldering of small gauge wires.
- Familiarity with measuring devices, precision metrology and mechanical alignments
- Comfortable working on small devices using a microscope
- Light machining for fixtures and rework.
- Ability to comfortably use standard office applications (Word, Excel, Email)
Candidates should have experience with:
- Assembly and testing of precision mechanical devices
- Interpret mechanical and electrical product documentation
- Follow 5S and lean manufacturing principles and practices in an ISO 9001 manufacturing environment
- Mechanical technician: 1 year work experience (internship or coop experience considered)
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education desirable
- Only US Citizens or Green Card holders with permanent US work authorization can be considered as this position is governed by the regulations and guidelines of ITAR. Candidates must be able to produce evidence of the permanent ability to live and work in the US as an employment contingency.
PI (Physik Instrumente) LP is the world leader in piezoelectric-based micro and nanopositioning products for industrial and research applications. Our customers are the leading OEM’s and researchers in high tech fields such as electronics manufacturing, photonics, aerospace, bio-instrumentation, astronomy, metrology, and scientific research.
PI offers a pleasant and professional team oriented work environment with a high degree of independence. Compensation package (hourly position) commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits plan including paid vacation/sick/holidays plus medical, dental, vision and profit sharing to a 401K retirement plan.
Please submit your application online: http://www.pi-usa.us/news/careers_motion_control.php
PI Physik Instrumente, LP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. This is a direct hire. No agencies at this time, please no solicitations. Job requisition: 170103
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour