Newport, now part of MKS Instruments, is the world’s largest photonics company providing innovative solutions and industry-leading product brands to multiple markets. Our combined product portfolio includes Corion®, ILX Lightwave™, New Focus™, Ophir, Oriel® Instruments, Richardson Gratings™, and Spectra-Physics® Lasers. We provide complete photonic solutions to make, manage and measure light.
Responsible for advanced assembly of optical systems for lasers and instruments.
- Assemble and debug systems incorporating optical.mechanical, and electronic componenets.
- Follow written procedures developed by engineers and suggest improvements to these procedures to optimize production.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice or standard operating procedure.
- Build, test, calibrate and troubleshoot Opto- Electro- Mechanical assemblies using procedures, prints, written instructions or verbal communication.
- Understand and operate standard optical and electronic test equipment i.e ( interferometers, autocollimators, MTF testers, beam scan detectors, lasers, beam, steering modules,oscilloscopes)
- Opeate computer assisted testing equipment.
- 2 to 4 years of related experience
- Has a general understanding of the technical or porfessional aspects of the job.
- Possesses some existing knowledge to complete general job functions but training may be required to learn specilized job functions.
- Excellent hand/eye coordination
- Equipment/ Tools/ Machinery: General tools such as torque wrench, lasers,collimator,height, indicators, electronic probe, screwdrivers and hammers, calipers and micrometers, tweezers, boding types, testing fixtures and assembly fixtures.
- Experience with clean room ( class 10,000,1000 and 100) requirements.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Req. Code : 70007858
Division/Department : I&IS
Apply Here: http://jobview.monster.com/OM-Techician-III-2-positions-available-Job-Irvine-CA-US-182173531.aspx