Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc. (Sotera) is an agile, mid-tier national security technology company that delivers innovative systems, solutions and services in support of the critical missions of the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and federal law enforcement agencies charged with ensuring the safety and security of our nation. Our employees are focused on delivering essential counterterrorism, cyber security and operations, intelligence, data analytics, and C4ISR solutions to our customers throughout the national security community.
Sotera is looking for top talent as a Signals Processing Engineer to join our team supporting the critical Naval Research Lab in Washington DC. Sotera is dedicated to keeping America safe at home and abroad. Qualified candidates must have or have the ability to obtain a Secret Level Clearance.
The Optical Sciences Division at the Naval Research Lab (NRL) has an immediate, full-time opening for a highly motivated Signal Processing Engineer with exceptional drive and creativity to develop next generation optical sensing systems. This individual must be able to work independently as well as in a team and have strong problem solving skills. NRL offers a creative, fast-paced research environment with state-of-the-art equipment dedicated to developing future optics and photonics technologies.
The Signals Processing Engineer will:
- Contribute to the development of next generation optical sensor technologies at NRL.
- Specifically, the candidate will be expected to evaluate the performance of existing signal processing and sensor fusion techniques and to investigate and develop new processing techniques with limited supervision.
- Develop analysis software to process data acquired from a variety of sensing systems for target detection and classification.
- Develop a data fusion framework to fuse data from multiple sensing systems for improved target detection and classification.
- Occasional travel to support field testing of optical sensing systems will be required.
- Master’s degree in Engineering and 5 years’ experience in signal processing
- 5 years of Analysis experience including the following:
- Signal processing
- Machine learning
- Data fusion
- Programming experience (experience with one or more)
- C++,C#,Python, Matlab, LabVIEW
Qualified candidates must have or have the ability to obtain a Secret Level Clearance.
US Citizenship Required due to the DOD Clearance requirement.
- This individual must be able to work independently as well as in a team and have strong problem solving skills.
- NRL offers a creative, fast-paced research environment with state-of-the-art equipment dedicated to developing future optics and photonics technologies.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5370869