PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: Develop and implement opto-mechanical metrology technologies, methods and solutions in support of developing innovative optical ophthalmic devices (e.g. intraocular lenses).
MAJOR DUTIES OF POSITION: • Develop and qualify robust measurement capabilities and methods for intraocular lens development and manufacture.
• Prepare product testing procedures, engineering protocols and reports.
• Perform opto-mechanical product testing, conduct data analysis and generate test reports.
• Participate in product development teams and support metrology development requirements throughout the development process.
• Define and develop optical specifications and metrology requirements for new products.
• Evaluate new technologies to enhance optic development for IOLs. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Education: BS in Engineering discipline, preferably Optics.
• Experience: 3+ years in opto-mechanical development, preferably in IOL industry.
• Familiarity with Optical Metrology technologies including transmitted wavefront/MTF/power measurement, interferometry, optical bench testing. • Proficient with Zemax or other optical modeling software.
• Experienced with statistical analysis and associated tools (e.g. Statistica, Minitab).
• Must be proficient in: o Excel – create and work with spreadsheets
o Word – create and format professional correspondence
o Powerpoint – create meeting presentations
o Outlook – email & maintain company calendars
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Experience with CAD modeling and design software (e.g. Solidworks).
• Programming capabilities (e.g. Matlab, VB, C++). • Familiar with medical device design requirements.
• Familiar with regulated development environment (FDA or ISO).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: • Varied sitting, standing and walking
• Ability to lift and carry 50lbs. or less