We encourage applications for post-doctoral positions in the Department of Physical Chemistry of Biological Systems, Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS in Warsaw, Poland. Postdoc positions will be focused on research studies of the statistical properties of the light propagation through non-transparent or turbid media – in particular through biological systems.
The Department of Physical Chemistry of Biological Systems within the structure of the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences (IPC) is led by reputable world-class scientist – prof. Maciej Wojtkowski – a physicist specializing in optics applications in biology and medicine.
- a university degree in physics/engineering (optics, automatics, informatics, electronics) and doctoral degree,
- experience in experimental work in the field of biomedical imaging with particular emphasis on the combination of spectroscopic, interferometric, and fluorescence methods,
- the experience in development of new methods of microscopy or medical imaging connected with ophthalmology is welcomed,
- good command of English.
The successful candidate will be offered:
- a long-term contract (2 years) with prolongation option,
- the opportunity to work in interdisciplinary research department with strong support from chemistry and physics groups within the Institute,
- an attractive salary,
- autonomous position in the professional and dynamically developing innovative team.
Main eligibility criteria:
- Creativity measured by the quality and number of scientific publications in which the candidate is the first/corresponding/significant author,
- Mobility in his/her scientific career (including completed research internships, change in the scientific profile, internships and work in industry),
- The number of citations of the candidate’s work,
- Creativity measured by the quality and number of research projects the candidate has led and publications resulting from implementation of these projects.
- Curriculum vitae.
- A job application.
- A scan or photocopy of the candidate’s university degree and doctoral degree.
- A list of publications indicating a maximum of five of the most important studies carried out in the last 5 years of the candidate’s research work (after deduction of breaks in research), patent applications, patents, implementations, research projects.
- The number of citations of publications without self-citations, the h index and the number of years worked effectively in science (after deduction of breaks).
- Information about any breaks in performing research work, e.g. maternity leave, internship in industry, etc. When assessing the achievements of the candidate the Recruitment Committee shall take into account breaks in research and shall convert the candidate’s indicated achievements into effective years of scientific work.
- A list of research projects (application, implementation), which were headed by the candidate or where he/she was the main researcher and 1-3 major publications that were a result of the implementation of this project, or other tangible results of the project.
- At least one opinion of the candidate from a worldwide reputable expert.
- Consent to the processing of the candidate’s personal data for the purposes of the competition http://ichf.edu.pl/Oswiadczenie-declaration.doc.
- The candidate’s declaration he/she has become acquainted with the General Rules Governing Competitions for Research Posts at the IPC PAS in Warsaw.
should be sent to [email protected] and [email protected] (contact person for employment) by 14th April, 2017. Please indicate in the application topic: “Application for postdoc position in the POB group”. Successful candidates fulfilling the main eligibility criteria will be invited for Skype interview. The competition results shall be announced on 30th May, 2017. One candidate will be chosen. Expected start date of working in-situ is 1st July, 2017.
*1st postdoc position will be a part of the CREATE project (EU funds: ERA Chairs, Horizon2020) www.create.edu.pl,
* 2nd postdoc position will be funded under MAESTRO funding scheme from National Science Centre Poland.
The Institute is committed to employment equality (esp. European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers) and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates fulfilling the requirements specified in this announcement.
Apply Here: http://jobs.workinoptics.com/jobs/8882968/post-doctoral-fellow