We have an excellent full time position for a Senior Opto-Mechanical/Packaging Design Engineer with our Fortune 100 semiconductor client in the bay area. If your profile is a good match, please send your resume at [email protected]
Here is the job description:
Position Title: Senior Opto-Mechanical/Packaging Design Engineer
Location: San Jose
Job Type: Full time
The candidate under consideration should be meeting the following qualifications:
· Minimum 8 years of experience in the photonics or semiconductor or related industry;
· Proven track record in product design and development from initial conceptual design to high volume production;
· Prior design experience in high volume product environment such as optical transceivers, cell phones, disk drives or automation;
· Hands-on experience and knowledge with optoelectronic and microelectronic packaging: die-attach, wirebond, leadframe, micro-optics assembly, laser welding, epoxies;
· Working knowledge and experience in high volume manufacturing fabrication processes including machining, sheet metal stamping, metal /plastic injection molding and die casting;
· Basic understanding of transceiver module assembly processes;
· Minimum 5 years of experience – and expert capability – in 3D design software such as Solidworks; Familiar with enterprise data management system such as ePDM;
· Fluent user of the following software packages: MS Windows, Excel, Word.
· Expert on working with product documentation, schematics, and Bill of Materials.
· MS’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in related engineering field;
· Experience in product thermal design and knowledgeable on heat sinks, fans and thermal interface materials. Proficient in ICEPAK and/or FLOTHERM CFD modeling tools.
· Experience in FEA structural analysis and knowledgeable on Abaqus or ANSYS modeling tools.
· Experience and knowledgeable with optical simulation and tools, such as Zemax;
· Prior experience with optical passive and active alignment is preferred;
Inmata Solutions, Inc.
E-mail: [email protected]