We are seeking an experienced RF electronics engineer with hands-on working knowledge of high power TWT design and operation is needed to provide production engineering support for existing product lines. Engineering support includes training and mentorship of technicians and junior engineers as well as product improvement and failure analysis. The products to be supported are employed in a variety of applications including radar, electronic warfare, and high-speed data communications.
Our client is a leading worldwide supplier of microwave vacuum electron devices and related products. As part of their product line, they produce a wide variety of products for the defense, industrial, medical, broadcast, test, and scientific markets, including Microwave Power Modules (MPMs), TWTs, magnetrons, klystrons, thyratrons, Crossed-Field Amplifiers (CFAs), electron emitters, Inductive Output Tubes (IOTs), and Constant Efficiency Amplifiers (CEAs).
1. Establishes plans and milestone charts for projects, including resource allocations; identifies potential difficulties and contingencies.
2. Coordinates and communicates project-related activities across various functional areas and support groups to assure completion of project goals.
3. Assumes responsibility for solving problems and utilizes all appropriate resources; organizes and participates in technical design reviews.
4. Manages the creation and maintenance of standard L-3 EDD documentation.
5. Performs timely failure analyses; finds root cause and implements corrective action.
6. Works with customer to negotiate and resolve issues related to product specifications and test procedures; assures product form, fit, and function are maintained.
7. Supports Sales/Marketing and Program Management through review of new specifications and writing of technical proposals and reports.
1. Education: BS degree plus 5 years related experience.
2. Thorough working knowledge of device theory and design in the area of assignment.
3. Thorough working knowledge of all manufacturing and test procedures in the area of assignment.
4. Mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of mechanical/thermal design.
Organizational skills; able to utilize diverse resources and direct support personnel to achieve