The Optical Society, a prestigious non-profit, scientific professional society in Dupont Circle is seeking a college-level intern majoring in public relations/integrated communications to work in the external relations department.
Writing, Research & Analytics
• Manage timelines, calendars, project trackers
• Writing press releases and other promotional copy
• Supporting conference/tradeshow PR planning and implementation
• Research ongoing policy issues related to science, technology and government
• Assist with Capitol Hill and District visits; attend briefings and write summaries
• Updating and maintaining media contact lists
• Other external relations tasks as assigned
• Write social media content
Position requires strong organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, and superior writing ability. You will gain practical, hands-on public relations experience at an international non-profit organization. Assignments will be comparable to those of an entry-level public relations/government relations position and will give you a well-rounded introduction to a fast-paced PR/GR environment.
Education & Experience:
• College-level coursework in public relations and/or political science
• Familiarity with social media and media relations tactics
• Experience using Microsoft office software
Skills & Abilities:
• Interpersonal and written communication skills required for internal and external contacts
• Ability to manage workflow with daily deadlines
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment
Term: May-August 2017, part-time (20-25 hours per week). Stipend/hourly rate to commensurate with experience.
Earn credit. Build your resume and add valuable industry references to your resume. Send resume, cover letter and two page writing sample to [email protected].
Apply Here: http://jobs.workinoptics.com/jobs/8852927/public-relations-government-relations-intern