Position: Optical Application Engineer
Optical Product Applications Engineer to work in the optical design center in California. The primary function of this role is to be a customer advocate within the optical team. The successful candidate will work with the design, manufacturing, sales and marketing teams to enable products that meet customer’s technical, mechanical and price the requirements. The Optical Group develops and manufactures an advanced line of extremely high speed (56 Gbps and up) optical interconnect solutions.
• Support customers at all levels
• Identify best fit Optical and Copper cable/interconnect solutions for customers
• Develop a strong understanding of company product design.
• Create a strong network within company of design and manufacturing teams.
• Work with customer quality teams to support root cause investigations
• Provide review of customer schematics and layouts.
• Definition of customer requirements and support of electrical and thermal models
• Track enquiries and related opportunities within systems database
• Liaise with sales teams to minimize communication gap to/from field
• Some travel required to support customers and trade shows
• Make recommendations for future company standard products
• Contribute to technical marketing documentation/collateral
• Product training and presentations for the direct company global sales force and customers
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• MS or BS in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
• Strong technical and verbal/written communication skills
• Product background including exposure to electrical design/development is preferred
The Photonics Group