Position: Director of Operations – Industrial Lasers
Operations manager to plan, direct and coordinate the operations of an organization. of effective methods and strategies.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
· Coordination and Supervision – Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in the organization.
· Financial – Review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve profitability. Prepare and control operational budgets. Control inventory.
· Best Practices – Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
· Human Resources – Plan the use of human resources. Organize recruitment and placement of required staff. Establish organizational structures. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance.
· Production – Coordinate and monitor the work of various departments involved in production, warehousing, pricing and distribution of goods. Monitor performance and implement improvements. Ensure quality of products. Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity. Manage maintenance of equipment and machinery. Provide technical support where necessary.
· Communication – Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts and Finance. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
· Strategic Input – Liaison with top management. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
Education and Experience
· BS business administration, commerce, management, industrial technology or industrial engineering. Industrial laser experience.
· Industry relevant production experience – Industrial lasers, laser diodes
· Lean, Six Sigma, MRP inventory control
· Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
· Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
· Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
The Photonics Group