The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
· Responsible ownership of the following:
1. Process Improvements
2. Specify plating requirements for external vendors
3. Audit performance of external plating vendors and develop improvement plans
4. Tracking process Key Performance Indicators
5. Align Equipment Maintenance
6. Process and Equipment Troubleshooting
7. Process and/or schedule Engineering material
8. Yield, Project and Process Control Reporting
9. Improve process control and measurement
10. Cost and Cycle Time Reduction
· Process sustaining activities include investigate yield excursions, disposition product to performance specifications, develop procedures and create process documentation
· Track of engineering changes by updating process documentation and procedures
· Works closely with development team and other engineers on various projects
· Supports the installation, operation, and maintenance of production equipment
· Performs process development activities on equipment to maintain high quality of product
· Creates, approves, reviews work instructions and documentation to support standardized work in the production area.
· Organizes workflow to minimize waste and contain total costs of production
· Assists in the training and certification of operators.
· Reviews new product models and documentation for completeness and effective implementation
· Develops and executes experiments to test new components and processes before use in production
· Initiate short-term and long-term solutions to meet the business needs
5+ years hands on experience in a high volume manufacturing environment. Experience with Electroplating and Electro-less Plating is required. Knowledge of Gold Plating chemistry and analysis is required.
M.S. of PhD. in Physical Chemistry or Material Science required.
· Excellent communication and team work skills; capability to work on projects and tasks in a matrix organization
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to focus, structure complex problems and a strong drive to solve problems
· Strong organizational and multi-task skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.