The Photonics Group
Respond with resume to [email protected]
Project / Equipment Design Engineering Leader
- Provide subject matter expertise in Mechanical Engineering that improves product, process and/or equipment performance (cost, quality and service) and/or advances the innovation process to enable the delivery of new products.
- Provide solutions for increased process selects, increased material utilization, decreased costs, and improvement to product quality by planning, organizing and implementing projects.
- Design and analyze first generation / next generation products, processes and/or equipment in support of a new product / technology introduction.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest developments in their area of expertise in order to identify and document any intellectual property developed as part of a project.
- Focus is on anti-glare, finishing, sagging furnace, and equipment/mechanical design processes.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in problem solving, and technical expertise, to ensure timely resolution of short-term equipment issues, and higher level troubleshooting
- Provides cost and schedule updates on assigned projects.
- Provides general engineering and manufacturing skills and knowledge (understands theories and fundamentals), and capable of leading projects to get to root cause of issues, and put permanent solutions in place.
- Recommends and implements permanent solutions to long term performance issues, and improves existing and new technologies
- Meets all Environmental, Safety and Health requirements.
- Develops SME knowledge of material, process and/or equipment in focused areas of manufacturing or engineering.
- Designs and/or specifies new equipment or modifies existing equipment to continuously improve process performance.
- Coordinates installation, debugging and initial operation of new equipment and systems.
- Capable of designing new equipment, fixtures, or systems using SolidWorks software.
- Capable of tracking and scheduling projects using Microsoft Project software
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering + 5 years of experience
- Experience with glass technology (melting, forming, finishing, coating, etc.)
- Project leadership (scope to implementation)
- Experience in managing projects including the use of Microsoft Project.
- Ability to design complex systems using SolidWorks CAD
- Project and/or manufacturing financial management knowledge
- Knowledge of Innovation Stage-gate processes
The Photonics Group
Call us at 919 479 1941
Apply Here: http://jobview.monster.com/Project-Equipment-Design-Engineering-Leader-Job-Elmira-NY-US-181751934.aspx