This role will report directly to the Senior Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, will increase the team’s capability in terms of Business Planning, Analysis and Reporting, Financial Performance Evaluation and Decision Support. The role will be a hands-on role, combining the opportunity to work with various business models and multiple levels of management within a global corporation. The candidate must enjoy challenges and thrive in a demanding environment. Exceptional organization, analytical, and excel modeling skills required. Familiarity with HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) or similar database tool preferred.
- Support the development of forecasting models to predict operating results and coordinate monthly, quarterly and annual financial planning processes across the company.
- Work with Novanta’s Photonics, Vision and Precision Motion business segments management to prepare monthly and quarterly Operational Performance Reviews. Develop an understanding of the key business drivers and help challenge performance against plan, prior periods, industry, and competitors.
- Coordinate the preparation of the weekly backlog report for the senior management.
- Prepare Quarterly analysis for management reporting: KPI Reporting, Gross Margin, Natural Expenses, Capex, Net Working Capital, Key Initiatives, Competitors, Headcount, ad-hoc.
- Work with Business Leaders and Corporate Accounting to coordinate the preparation of CFO presentations to Audit Committee, Board of Directors or Investors Community.
- Support Business leaders in the preparation and analysis of Capital Appropriation Requests (CAR). Ensure compliance with the company’s requirement, track performance of investments versus Plan.
- Support the analysis of new business opportunities, new product lines and/or business acquisitions.
- Support the preparation of the 10-Q, 10-K, Press Release and Earnings Releases.
- Manage the preparation and monitoring of the corporate expense budget for the 2017 period.
- BS degree in Finance or Accounting. MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 4+ years of analyst experience.
- 1-2 years general accounting experience.
- Strong analytical thinker with ability to design analyses.
- Good understanding of US GAAP and reporting requirements for public companies.
- Previous experience with financial analysis and modeling.
- High level Microsoft Excel user with Marco writing capability.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels of the company.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong customer service focus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.