Test Development Engineer
Physical Optics –
Test Development Engineer|
Physical Optics Corporation, a fast-growing Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Test Development Engineer for its Photonic Systems Division. Responsibilities are primarily in development of GUI and network management software in C/C++, development and assembly of instrument control and data acquisition setups in LabVIEW, and data processing and analysis in MATLAB. Candidate must feel comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced work environment.
- Support a code base of several C/C++ user applications.
- Work with other programmers to create code which is readable, testable, and maintainable by the team.
- Leverage pieces from existing code base to rapidly develop new applications.
- Develop LabVIEW instrument control and data acquisition setups (including software and physical connectivity and debugging of both COTS and in-house hardware) for scientists within the division.
- Develop data processing and analysis tools in MATLAB for use by other scientists.
- Produce technical documents for reporting and documentation for end user and customers.
- Analyze projects needs and requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints and work with scientists to implement the systems according to project goals.
- 8+ years experience and BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field is required.
- Strong understanding of application software principles, algorithms, and underlying hardware.
- Strong C/C++ development skills with at least 5years of deep coding of applications.
- Strong LabVIEW development skills that must include instrument control programming.
- Strong MATLAB application and development skills.
- Must be able to analyze and fix complex software and hardware issues identified during system-level testing.
- Must be able to realize conceptual algorithms into efficient software implementation.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, commit to and work under deadlines.
- Good communication and writing skills are required.
U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Physical Optics Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Test-Development-Engineer-at-Physical-Optics-in-Torrance,-CA-9d1a540407b8987a