Senior Diffractive Optics Engineer Magic Leap, Inc. 4 reviews
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
This position is for a Senior Diffractive Optics Engineer working in Magic Leap’s Advanced Photonics R&D team. The Senior Diffractive Optics Engineer will be responsible for innovation of key optical component-level technology to enable the next-generation of our Mixed Reality experience. The Senior Diffractive Optics Engineer is expected to develop, characterize and optimize optical component and to effectively contribute to technical deliverables in these areas to achieve aggressive goals.
- A key member of the R&D team with a focus on product development, next-generation technologies, and prototyping.
- Contribute to research and development of optical components from proof-of-concept demonstration to system-level integration with volume manufacturing solutions.
- Duties include designing experiments; collecting, analyzing and interpreting data; technical problem solving; innovating creative solutions; and clear communication of findings.
- MS or PhD in optics, physics or related fields, with 5+ years of industry experience in optical components or sub-systems.
- Must possess expert knowledge of diffractive and polarization optics.
- Must possess expert knowledge of various diffractive optical elements including surface relief gratings, volume holographic gratings, liquid crystal gratings and meta-surface structures.
- Must possess expert knowledge of liquid crystal based optical elements/devices, both passive and active, and their fabrication processes including surface chemistry, alignment and coating processes.
- Must possess expert knowledge of nano-/micro-patterning and replication techniques including optical lithography, interference lithography and nano-imprint/molding.
- Must possess extensive hands-on experience in diffractive optical elements, preferably in the design and fabrication of diffractive optical elements.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills. Focused on problem resolution and delivering solutions.
- Must be able to communicate and work well with multidisciplinary groups.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are required.
- Must possess knowledge of a broad range of optics/photonics including imaging, illumination, radiometry and photometry, physical and geometric optics, diffractive optics, waveguide optics, and polarization.
- Experience with manufacturing process development for optical films in displays or other imaging systems is strongly preferred.
- Experience with diffractive optics design and modeling software, including gsolver, Zemax, Lumerical, COMSOL or other packages is preferred.
- Experience with imaging optics is desired; experience with display optics preferred.
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Senior-Diffractive-Optic-Engineer-at-Magic-Leap-in-Austin,-TX-ab1b669d686527c6