Atomic/Optical Physicist The Aerospace Corporation 50 reviews
El Segundo, CA 90245
Requisition ID: 9601|
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides professional engineering/scientific support within (research and development) engineering, systems engineering, project engineering, or technology functions/ organizations.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications. Assignments typically have specified objectives. Contacts are primarily internal, with infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
- Engineering assignments: Performs analytical studies, conducts tests, develops details of specifications, prepares details of analytical report findings, assists in planning and development of studies and design projects.
- Systems engineering assignments: Participates in development of program interfaces between hardware and computer systems; diagnoses both hardware and software simulation tool problems; designs improvements to simulation environments; develops and/or revises programs for data reduction and analysis.
- Project engineering assignments: Performs analytical studies, conducts integration tests, and develops details of acquisition hardware/software and database specifications.
- Technology assignments: Assists in technology planning and development; performs testing and evaluation of materials and devices; develops procurement specifications and test procedures; prepares details of analytical reports, including preliminary findings and recom mendations.
- Work independently and collaborate well with a diverse, interdisciplinary group of scientists and support staff.
- Candidates should be proficient in one or more of the following areas: precise timekeeping, atomic clocks, applied spectroscopy, laser spectroscopy, optics, AMOP, optoelectronics and photonic integration, radiation hardness assurance, or applications of these topic areas.
- Understanding of instrument control and data acquisition software such as LabView, and data analysis/computational simulation in commercial software such as MatLab, Fortran, Python, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DOD clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in physics, chemistry, electrical engineering or a closely related field, work experience in topic area
- 2 years of experiencce
- PhD degree highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of optical or electronic characterization of materials and devices is highly desired.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBER-TECH STF
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
The Aerospace Corporation is an independent, non-profit company that provides objective technical analyses and assessments for national…
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Atomic-Optical-Physicist-at-The-Aerospace-Corporation-in-El-Segundo,-CA-094252dc112d78f8