- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field and eight years of work experience
- Demonstrated design and construction experience with optical and/or infrared astronomical instrumentation
- Proficient using CAD software, preferably Solidworks
- Strong hand and visual skills for instrument assembly and alignment
- Ability to use common hand tools, manual and powered
- Ability to work at 8000 feet altitude
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Legal ability to work with export controlled (ITAR) items
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in alignment and evaluation of multi-element optical systems
- Comfort working both as part of a multidisciplinary team and independently with minimal supervision.
Desired skills and qualifications
- Finite element analysis
- Thermal flow and radiation analysis
- Experience with Zemax
- Project management.
Only electronic applications submitted through the Carnegie website will be considered
Applicants are encouraged to apply by May 1, 2017, when application review will begin. However, the position will remain open until filled. We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Salary is negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
Carnegie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5370864