BaySpec, Inc., a San Jose, California based instrumentation power house, a small but growing company is seeking an experienced Sales Manager and, or Application-Sales Engineer. While our customer base already spans from the traditional areas of optical telecommunication and NIR spectroscopy, we are changing and revolutionizing the way of absorption/reflection, fluorescence, Raman, LIBS, Cavity ring-down, handheld and OCT spectroscopic instruments are applied. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to deeply explore commercial applications of hermetically sealed, rugged, miniaturized spectral devices. Candidates who have a passion for acquiring, applying and communicating practical knowledge to audiences of widely varying expertise will find plenty of opportunity for the professional growth. We are seeking Sales Manager join for marketing and selling company’s advanced photonics and spectroscopy products. The following position is available:
The responsibilities of the position are split between the following major functions:
- Making sales calls, join sales trips
- supporting customers who are purchasing or about to make a purchase
- be responsible for direct sales as well as leading and managing the manufacturer representative channels
- aiding marketing in qualifying new markets
- soliciting customers by phone or emails or face to face visits. Additionally, the successful candidate will be expected to represent BaySpec at trade-shows and exhibitions.
Qualified candidates will possess a college level degree and 5 years+ of industrial work experience with demonstrated sales and marketing expertise in analytical instrumentations and or photonics, laser or optical components related industry. Some experience in analytical spectroscopy is a major plus. Candidates with equivalent experience will also be considered.
Candidates who have current and past experience in serving the analytical instrumentation, chemical engineering, semiconductors, biomedical, biotech, pharmaceutical, laser instrumentation, solar and alternative energy, et al, industries and research and development areas are of most interests. The position is for a full time BaySpec employee located in the company’s headquarter in Silicon Valley.
BS, MS, or Ph.D degree in any one of the disciplines of Chemistry, Spectroscopy, Biology, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Chemical engineering, Mechanical Engineering or any other related physical science or engineering fields
Exceptionally qualified candidates will demonstrate expertise in the following areas:
- Understanding of the basic principles of photonics, spectroscopic instruments, examples would be: gratings, spectrographs, lasers, analytical chemistry or spectroscopic instrumentation, etc. Sales background and track records in high tech business, preferable analytical equipments, spectral components and analytical systems a plus.
- Be responsible for direct sales as well as leading and managing the manufacturer representative channel. This is accomplished by closing existing proposals, generating new opportunities, and expanding the representative network, particularly in the silicon valley, California, the US, and North America market
- Charming telephone manners, patience with customers and colleagues; down to the earth working attitude, a problem solver, able to perform sales tasks with an approach of ‘pick-up-it-and-run’
- Any familiarity with one or more of the spectroscopic techniques, such as Raman spectroscopy, fluorescence, Raman, LIBS, Cavity ring-down, UV, VIS, near infrared (NIR) spectroscopic applications or other spectroscopic applications would be a major plus
- Can work well in a small company environment, be ‘street smart’, strong team player.
BaySpec is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume to:
Human Resources: BaySpec, Inc. 1101 McKay Drive, San Jose, California