Performs installation, repair, and maintenance of critical and non-critical electrical, mechanical, and plumbing/piping equipment, machinery and controls located in the interior and exterior of the facility. Monitors operations and conducts routine and on-going assessment of the building systems operations and performance. Performs tests, rounds and analyzes data to ensure the proper functioning of equipment while working independently and with contractors.
Principle Duties Responsibilities
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
· Maintains, monitors, and performs preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance on mechanical (HVAC, heat exchangers, chillers, and plumbing) electrical, cabling (including data and voice, broad band), fire detection and suppression, life safety, lighting ( replace bulbs and ballasts), temperature control systems, building management systems, and digital systems (including fire alarm, duress, card access, CCTV).
· Monitors operation, adjusts and maintains air conditioning equipment; boilers, and ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment.
· Oversees critical work efforts (including 3rd party contractors) for the safe and compliant operation.
· Install and repair plumbing/piping/tubing; wire single and three phase motors; install pumps and motors; install air compressors; heat exchangers; replace bearings in all types of motors;
· Replace seals on pumps; install and repair piping, valves, filters, hot water systems and associated controls; Replace belts and light electrical work including changing light bulbs and ballasts.
· Receive and execute work orders for preventative and corrective maintenance on facility systems and physical structure.
· Order necessary materials to complete all maintenance and perform necessary work.
· Finalize work orders by completing necessary documentation in the computerized maintenance management system.
· Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and internal departments concerns within facility.
· Comply with policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials. Maintain a clean and safe workplace.